Apologising

Elena Vamp-Sped onto one of the many balcony's of the Abattoir, that Hayley was standing on, looking out at the City and watched as the Wolf turned to look at her."Are they-They're safe."Elena cut in gently and watched as Hayley relaxed, looking relieved.

"All of them."Elena added and smiled at Hayley, who looked away for a brief moment before she walked over to Elena and hugged her, which Elena returned, holding the pregnant Wolf gently in her embrace.

"Thank you."Hayley said before she pulled away slightly so that she was still in Elena's embrace."Tell Elijah and Rebekah that too?"Elena nodded."What you three did, it means a lot Elena."Elena smiled before noticing how Hayley's unbutton sweater wasn't covering her right shoulder.

"You should keep this covered."Elena said, releasing Hayley from her embrace."Least of all we have a pissed off Vampire noticing and attacking you because of it, regardless of the fact that you're under Nik's protection."Elena said, covering her shoulder and Hayley quickly helped.

"I will."Hayley said and noticed that Elena still looked unsure."I promise, Elena...."Hayley trailed off after a minute."Where's Elijah?"

"He's around here, somewhere, which means I should go and find him before Nik does."Elena said softly and Hayley nodded in understanding.

"Right."Hayley agreed and watched as Elena Vamp-Sped away to find Elijah.

It didn't take Elena long to find Elijah, seeing as though he sought Klaus out by himself."Haven't you had your fill of tell me all the ways I've disappointed you, Elijah? Elena?"Klaus, who was the middle steps of the staircase, asked coolly, not turning to look at either of them as Elena came to stand by Elijah.

"Well,"Elijah glanced at Elena."there is something important we neglected to discuss."Elijah said calmly as he looked up at Klaus, who turned to face them."I accused you of having ulterior motives"Unshed tears formed in Elijah's eyes and Elena placed a hand on his back comfortingly."regarding the child. I was wrong."Klaus started at him silently."I'm sorry."

"As am I."Elena spoke up, causing Klaus to look at her."I know it may seem like I was siding with Rebekah and Marcel and then I turned on them to help you, Nik, but the truth is, I never was on their side."Elena licked her lips as she continued to look up at Klaus, never breaking eye contact."So I never did anything wrong, but if that's how you see it, then fine. I'm sorry. And I'm not just saying it for the sake of peace between us, but because I want you as my Brother, I want to continue being your Sister."

Klaus was silent for a few minutes, looking down at his feet."I imagine that must have been hard for both of you to say."Klaus said drily as he looked back up at both of them.

"You don't make it easy to love you, Brother."Elijah said softly.

"And yet you're obstinate in your desire to do so."Klaus retorted, glancing between them and watched as Elijah looked down at his feet while Elena glanced away, feeling as though she was suddenly been studied."When you're ready, should you be so inclined, both of you and Rebekah are welcome to join me here."Klaus said, causing them to look back up at him and watched as he walked away."It is after all, our Family Home."Klaus added as he walked away.