ONLY YOU.

— • —

— • —

VEE'S POV

Today is my fourth wedding anniversary, and I'd be lying if I said every morning waking up since that day hasn't been a dream. In fact, every day waking up since the day I told Tom I loved him has been a dream. There is nothing greater than rolling over in our bed and seeing his sleeping face right there, curls strewn across his forehead and lips relaxed into the smallest pout.

Things were no different this morning, as I awoke to the sun peeking through our curtains, and an arm wrapped firmly around my waist. With little difficulty, I was able to roll over and face my husband, his sleeping face bringing me an overwhelming amount of joy.

He's so cute, it makes my heart soar.

Every moment spent with him and every I love you exchanged just reminds me over and over of the difficult road it took to get here, and yet, I wouldn't change a thing about it. It was a learning experience and had it not happened, I don't think I would have been able to admit my own feelings that easily.

I thought about Isaac often, it was hard not to. He was my first soulmate, which is a sentence most people don't get to say because they only ever have one. So it was quite the conversation starter, so it was a little hard to not think about Isaac in that instance. I wasn't ashamed of my story, I told people about it to show how much I've grown, and the strength I gained from the horrific experience. It even inspired one of the stories I ran at the magazine showcasing victims, both male and female, who escaped abusive situations and were able to land back on their feet afterward, along with victims who were still working on that new life. Not to brag or anything, but the magazine did sell more after that, but I like to pretend that's just a coincidence.

As for Isaac himself, he left the company. Well...he was fired from the company, per my request. I did see him that day he was packing his things and leaving, but he never met my eye. Whether it was out of shame or anger, I didn't know, but that was the last time I saw him. I never filed a formal police report against him, so he didn't get any punishment for what he did to me, well, not in the form of the justice system imposing it. In my eyes, I think the punishment he got was having his numbers stripped from him and having his sisters find out the truth about him. I spoke to Jessie a few times after, just to check in on them because while Isaac treated me awfully, his family never did. According to Jessie, Isaac was now seeing a therapist to work on his issue, and the family was also attending group sessions once a week.

Now with Isaac out of the picture, and Tom in the picture, Mandy adjusted her guest list. I just about smacked my best friend when I sat at my assigned seat at her rehearsal dinner, which was directly in front of a place card that said "Venus Santiago-Holland." When I turned back to glare at her that day, both she and Vanessa gave me cheesy grins with a double thumbs-up. A true match made in heaven. Tom didn't seem bothered by the title, even giving me a side-hug and kiss on the temple before reassuring me that it'd only be a few years before that name was a reality. I almost passed out then and there.