Prologue: One Day, It Happened.

"If you can be an animal, what would you want to be?" Yamamoto reads a book of one of the famous author, Asagiri Gen. At the moment, the whole volleyball team of Nekoma High is on their break.

"I think everyone would be a cat but Lev?" Kuroo, their bed-headed captain, points out and at the same time texting his girlfriend. Lev shots his head up, seeing his teammates nodding in agreement. "Then what would I be then?" Lev whines, followed by his great senpai, none other than Yaku, telling him to shut up.

"I think you would be a Lion.. by your name itself.."

Kenma said with his usual voice while focusing on his game. Lev was speechless and suddenly with his deep thoughts. The team just set the whole thing up so that there won't be any noises from their break. They were really exhausted and wanted a peaceful and quiet break.

Suddenly, echoes of giggles can be heard from the volleyball gym and it made Lev's heart flutter with joy.

'(Y/N)'s here again, I get to see her again!' that alone can make his heart smile and brighten up his day. He already accepted the fact that (Y/N) is going to be in the good hands of Kuroo, no matter how much it hurts for him to see the two together. As long as (Y/N) is happy, he is also happy. He respects his own captain and will not stand a chance on stealing his crush from him.

But why does something feels wrong today?

Once the girl stepped inside the gym, her giggles stopped, followed by an unusual smile from Kuroo. the bedhead sighs and shakes his head, patting his girlfriend's head.

"You know, you don't have to do it if you don't feel like it." (Y/N)'s kind voice rings out through the gym. Kuroo said nothing but hug his girlfriend. Tears are falling from the captain's eyes that made everyone shocked except her.

What's happening?

(Y/N) pulled away from Kuroo's hug and gently grabbed his big hands, squeezing it lightly. Kuroo looks at their hands, his hand is bigger than hers. He looks back at (Y/N) with a firm nod. "Everyone, we have something to say.." (Y/N) finally started.

"Tetsurou and I are breaking up."

And the gym went silent, so does Lev. Why doesn't he feel so happy about it? They finally broke up and he can take her already! But why?

Before anyone has a violent reaction, (Y/N) continues. "We never fought nor cheated. We love each other like any couple would do, or should I say that we loved each other.." Lev hears a crack from (Y/N)'s voice. Kenma got his head up from his game upon hearing this, which is a rare occasion as well.

"It's just one day, I don't feel the same feeling with him. Surprisingly, when I opened it up to Tetsurou, he actually feels the same. Maybe it God's way of saying that we are not meant for each other.." Kuroo hugs his now ex-girlfriend. Even if they are not together anymore doesn't mean that their friendship is over too.

"I'm not gonna lie, it really hurts. No matter how we try to work things out, the feelings never came back. So we gave in and finally accepted that we aren't meant for each other." (Y/N) still stands strong with no tears forming from her eyes, but everyone knows how her heart aches so badly. Same goes for Kuroo.

"But that doesn't mean that even if we're not a couple anymore we can't be friends anymore. (Y/N) is both my ex-girlfriend and also my bestfriend. Our friendship is still there no matter what circumstances." Kuroo speaks up and pats her head like the usual, which (Y/N) smiles at his bed haired friend.