Chapter 3: You

"For the last time, Miss (L/N), we are not allowing pets inside our school! Especially a lion! Is that even a pet??" Our principal sighed, looking at Ricky who is sitting obediently on the floor. I stroke his fur that I washed a while ago morning. "Sir, I told you already, he doesn't bite! Please sir, there is really no one in our house to take care of Ricky. He's really kind.. see?" Ricky nuzzled his cheek with mine, still trying to convince our principal. He sighed for the nth time.

"If the men's volleyball agrees to let your pet "lion" stay there, then we will have no problem." He smugs. It's known that since Nekoma's men's volleyball team is a powerhouse, they don't usually allow visitors or welcome concerns not related to volleyball. I shrugged and started dialing Kuroo's number. "Oh.. alright. thank you for your approval, Sir." I gesture my other hand to come with me to Ricky and the principal sat there dumbfounded. He should have known that the captain is both my ex and my best friend.

I hope he's doing alright, because I am ever since Ricky came into my life.

"Hello?? (Y/N)!?" I hear Yaku's panicked voice instead of Kuroo's lazy ones. Something doesn't feel right.

"What up? Where's Kuroo? Is he alright?" I asked calmly. In disasters or any situation, Senku always tells me to calm down because if you're calm you can think properly.

"Kuroo got a terrible sprain! Can you come by right now?" Yaku asked, I also hear everyone in the background panicking. With my other hand, I grabbed a pen and a scratch paper that I always have in any of my bags and started writing the things needed for first aid. I gave the piece of paper to Ricky, he seems to know what's going on. "I'll be there as soon as possible. In the mean time, place Tetsurou in a comfortable position." I quickly hung up the phone and patted Ricky's head.

"Ricky, I'm going to leave you my bag for you to put the things needed in the paper. Go to the volleyball gym of the boys once you have the supplies. I'll be waiting!" Ricky obediently nodded and started running while I dash through the halls, apologizing every time I hit someone.

Wait a minute, does Ricky know where to go?

~ ~ ~

I made it to the gym in 10 minutes. On the way I bought 2 water bottles in a vending machine. I saw them gathering around Kuroo who is in pain. I immediately checked his sprain, and boy it is already bruised badly. "I thought we won't be seeing each other for a long time, but here we are you seeing me in my painful moment." followed by a smug on Kuroo's face with a mixture of feeling pain as well. I shrugged and carefully examined his sprain once more.

"Missed a landing, huh?" I hear everyone stifle a laugh which made the bed haired man whine. "We'll start when my assistant comes here.." I smiled, thinking about Ricky.

These days Ricky has been taking care of me, following my orders, and also helping out Senku in the lab or in anything. Afterall, Senku is gathering all the data that he can have with Ricky and not to mention, even if Senku doesn't admit it out loud He likes Ricky to be his assistant. There are times that he couldn't keep up with Senku's vocabulary in chemistry and other fields of science, but Ricky is reliable whether at home or in the lab.

"What assistant?" Kuroo asked.

On queue, Ricky appeared in the doors of the gym with my bag filled with the first aid supplies. I looked at everyone's faces that drained all their melanin. I laughed at their reaction and went towards Ricky, smiling at his accomplishment.

"Good job, Ricky. You have a good sense of direction and a smart lion." I kissed his forehead which made him blushed so hard that he covered his face with his paws. I giggled on how cute his reaction was. "It's alright guys he doesn't bite!" I reassured them, grabbing the bag from Ricky's mouth while chuckling.