Chapter 6: Haiba Lev

"Senku, why is he always glum when (Y/N) isn't around?" Chrome, Senku's assistant right now, asked. I roared but it came out more like a whine. Senku must have noticed how I really like (Y/N) and then this happened,

"Say.. Lev, Back when you're a human, do you happen to have a little crush on my snow white and idiot best friend?" I hid my face, knowing how red it is which made Senku laugh and Chrome still confused.

"I do have a crush on herrrrr Senku stop teasing meee!" Those words came out from my mouth which made everyone silent. Even me.

Did I just speak?

DID THAT SMALL CONFESSION CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH??

I panicked, sweating a lot. Chrome was still astounded with what just happened. Senku with his eyes sparkling with a new discovery scribbled everything in his scratch pad, and my guess he's going to scan me again.

"Lev, we're going to run a few scans on you. You know the routine." Senku said and ran to prepare the materials. Chrome on the other hand was still frozen in his place. I gave a worried look and start waving my paws to make his thoughts go back to earth.

"Just please don't tell (Y/N), and Senku told you to help him set up for the scanning." Chrome must have heard it when he snapped back to reality and ran to help Senku.

Sure my time here is definitely running out, which means that I have to say goodbye to (Y/N) properly.

~ ~ ~

"Well, you can talk now, but you can't stand up like a human yet. Your roar is still there, but my hypothesis is the number of animal cells are getting smaller. We shouldn't tell (Y/N) about this, and start preparing for the worst case scenario.." Senku explained to me and Chrome. Of course this is a secret project and all of us feels bad for keeping it. Now for the worst case scenario.

According to Senku, the worst case scenario is (Y/N) waking up and she sees me naked. Of course given the fact I am a stranger to her. She doesn't even know me to begin with.

Chrome went ahead because he has to do some errands from his parents. Senku checked the date and a smirk appeared from his face.

"Oh? Some errands you say, it's Valentine's Day, Chrome.." I know the fact that Chrome has a crush on a girl named Ruri. That's what (Y/N) told me last night.

"Well I'll be honest, I don't like (Y/N) to have another boyfriend because of that bed haired man.. but I like you better than him." Senku hears a knock from the room and goes to the door revealing Kohaku and (Y/N). I saw Senku looked at me with his corner eye and greeted the two girls.

"It's rare for you to be with other people, Snow White." Senku pokes his ear. "It's rare of you to talk to Ricky nicely as well." She shots back and gives me a smile.

"Woah, You're like a female version of Senku, (Y/N).." Kohaku teases which made (Y/N) protest a lot.

"What brings you here guys anyways?" Senku went straight to the point. (Y/N)'s mood changed, she became embarrassed. "Since it's Valentine's Day, we gave everyone in the village cookies. These are yours, and (Y/N) wants to spend her day with her pet Ricky.." Kohaku explained with (Y/N) nodding behind, her face being red.

"Oh? Yeah we just finished.." Senku looks at me with a smirk on his face which made me sweat drop. "Ricky was just thinking about you, kukuku.." I ran to (Y/N)'s side, covering my blushing face. She laughed and patted my head.

"Thanks, cabbage head. Take a break also for this day." He tossed the bag of cookies to Senku. We gave our goodbyes and left Kohaku and Senku.

~ ~ ~