Chapter 9: Ishigami Senku

Y'all like my new cover? hehe I made it myself 🥺

Chapter 9 is finally here! One more chapter and an epilogue coming up next, and this chapter is the perspective of one of my favorite scientists in anime, Ishigami Senku! 💖

Without further ado, Happy Reading! ❤️

~ ~ ~

"Today is finally the day.." I muttered to myself. I went to my very own lab just for a quick clean up and I'm compiling all of my data analysis for my experiment to be published maybe in the future. However, some part of me is still forgetting something really important. Chrome happened to borrow my checklist while I asked him to round up the other documents. I heard a faint knock on my door, it could be someone else since (Y/N) and Chrome would usually barge in the lab.

"Come in." I called, revealing a blonde haired woman that I know so well.

"I just happened to pass by just to say hello, but I guess (Y/N) isn't here to keep you company." Kohaku smiles, closing the door behind her.

Kohaku is another female friend of mine aside from (Y/N) and Yuzuriha. They do all get along but they're rarely together. She lives in the same neighborhood with (Y/N) and I, and she has excellent skills when it comes to self-defense. She's a black belt afterall. 

"Just need to gather more missing documents of the latest experiment then I'll be on my way. Want to walk to school together?" I offered, she smiled and nodded, my mornings with Kohaku somehow happen to be more often back when Kuroo and (Y/N) started dating.

She went to where I was to give me a hand. We worked in comfortable silence, with only the shuffling of paper and Kohaku arranging the unsorted lab equipment.

Everything was going fine, until..

"Hey Senku.. what's this chemical doing here?" Kohaku asked, the moment I saw it, I knew that today is definitely not going to be fine. Kohaku looked at me with a concerned face, she may have hinted that something's wrong.

Ishigami Senku, calm down first. Think.

One thing I know is it's going to be hard,

Haiba Lev is in danger.

~ ~ ~

"Wait, what do you mean, Senku? I've been waiting for this day! Please don't take it away, I begged you.." Lev cries on the phone, Kohaku is now aware of the situation therefore she has to keep it a secret as well.

"I'm sorry, Lev. My old man invited me to go to an important dinner tonight, with (Y/N) and her mom. He won't tell me why, or what's going to happen." I sighed with a hint of frustration. It was supposed to be today, but this has to come up.

"Lev, break is over. Come back to practice and don't forget tomorrow is the first day of the nationals." One of his teammates called. An exasperated sigh was heard on the other line, I know how much Lev is waiting for this day because

I also wanted this to be over.

"We'll talk again later, Lev. Call me on your break time again." I ended the call, sudden pain hit me in my heart.

Ah, the feeling of frustration.

"Why can't you just tell Lev that he needs this last medicine to be completely normal again?" Kohaku stayed with me the whole time, afterall our classes are only in the afternoon. Another ringtone runs to my ears, it's her this time.

"Hold on Kohaku, my ears are gonna bleed here.." I sighed, ready in

3..

2..