Special Chapter 2: Surprises

Hello again! Welcome to the second special chapter of SYLT. Thank you for supporting and reading this book! It really means a lot. 🥺❤️

This chapter took place when Lev just became human again and before the Nationals (Starting from Chapter 7).

Medium (?) chapter ahead! ☺️

Without further ado, here is Special Chapter 2: Surprises

Happy Reading! ❤️

~ ~ ~

It was an ordinary day for volleyball practice. The Nationals is only a few days away and the boys of Nekoma have been working hard to improve. On the other hand, (Y/N) herself has been busy working with the coaches as they have plans for the team to be more prepared for the upcoming Nationals.

Things were running smoothly for them until a man wearing his lab coat burst through their doors, trying to catch his breath. Lev was the first one to notice him, making the silver-haired man run into his direction.

"Senku, what are you doing here?" Lev asked the exhausted Senku. Physical exercise isn't his forte in his own being afterall. Everyone stopped practicing to gather around the person who intruded their practice, Kuroo giving him a bottle of water. Once the scientist was able to recover from his long run, he started to speak.

"I need all of your help. This is an emergency."

"What's wrong, Senku?"

"It's (Y/N)'s birthday tomorrow. We're not that prepared, I got a little carried away with my latest experiment.."

Everyone's eyes widened to their surprise. They would admit that this is new information to them since (Y/N) doesn't talk much about her, and hearing it directly to one of her closest friends made them all feel bad.

Afterall, (Y/N) is the first girl to be the manager of their team. She really did a lot for them, and their manager is the most precious girl in their eyes. Truly, it is an emergency for everyone, and they would do anything for the only girl in their club.

"I already have a plan on the way here, but I'm going to need all your help like I said." Senku brings out a paper and gestures to Lev to bring their whiteboard to his direction. He started drawing the set up and also explained the birthday surprise plan for (Y/N). Indeed, Senku came in both right and wrong timing. It's good that (Y/N) isn't around for him to discuss this and bad because it's already tomorrow and they aren't well prepared.

"Count us in, cabbage head." Kuroo said and offered his hand to the scientist. The two may not be on good terms, probably because of Kuroo's provoking presence and Senku's powerful presence doesn't match at all. Also add the fact that he is one of (Y/N)'s exes. However, when the matter is about someone special in their life, they greatly get along. It was like a temporary alliance between them.

"Bed Hair, be in charge of the gym. I'll be bringing some friends in our neighborhood."

"Alright, Cabbage-kun." Kuroo smirks, making Senku roll his eyes and bring out his hand to give it a firm shake as their alliance temporarily.

Senku continues to explain the plan in a detailed explanation and assigns each person for their roles, everyone nodding in agreement. After their small meeting finished, they went back to practice so that (Y/N) wouldn't be aware that something happened while she was gone with their coaches.

"Lev, distract (Y/N) the whole day until 4pm. That should be enough time." Senku gave him a supporting pat on the back, making Lev quite stiff. Afterall, he plays a big role in this surprise for (Y/N).