Chapter 1: You

"Happy Birthday -uh Belated Birthday, Senku!" I opened his lab without knocking which made him startled. I saw how Senku gave me a weird face, who looks uninterested for another year of his living. He went back to his data analysis, completely leaving me alone for an illogical occasion. Taiju and his crush, Yuzuriha sighed together, knowing how hopeless it is to celebrate his birthday days later.

"Thanks but it's not my birthday anymore. No need to celebrate.." Senku continues focusing on writing datas on his new project. I let out a sigh and placed the cake beside him.

"Hey, I wanted to celebrate your birthday. That day may seem to be a pretty awful day.." Senku stopped what he was doing to arch a brow. "Okay it was awful and terrible day and I'm sorry." Senku clicked his tongue, satsified with what I just said and was about to go back to work until I grasp his hand. "Before you talk logic to me, I really am sorry. I don't know how I fainted. Maybe I was overwhelmed about with my breakup and your situation.." I continued talking with my puppy eyes, looking innocent and sad because it always works for Senku.

"Alright.." He finally gave in and and showed a geniune smile. I gave him a hug which also made him startled. I'll get scolded by Senku later and I showed a thumbs up to Taiju and Yuzuriha, signalling for the party to start.

~ ~ ~

"Wow, I think Senku's friends invited the whole village to come to his party.." I left the overcrowded function room of Senku's lab. Senku was talking to another girl in our village named Kohaku. I think she likes him for some reason, but we don't know unless he introduced her to me.

Seriously that Senku needs a girlfriend, but he isn't interested. Sorry girls.

I walked around for some fresh air since the lab starts to smell like alcohol. I'll be pulled back by Senku to help him clean up his lab, definitely. I settled down on a spot where it is breezy.

Now for my introduction,

Hello everyone! My name is (Y/N) (L/N) and my dream is to be an engineer. I always help Ishigami Senku, my nerdy cabbage head best friend, in his lab and building things he asks me to do. I started as a second year in Nekoma High and yes I am still 16 years old, pretty much taking advance classes but I still have some subjects in first year, but they're only minors.

And Kuroo Tetsurou is my ex boyfriend, do I have to say that in my introduction? I don't really know, but we're really great friends now.

However, recently the men's volleyball team has been really down and they're not open about it. Apparently, on that same day of my breakup with Kuroo, someone went missing. Poor boy, I heard he's a first year. Even Kenma isn't himself these days, though his face doesn't show it, I can feel it.

More on the funny side, recently in our village there's a rumor about a lion living here and only appears at night. Senku's interest grew that he would go to my house so that we could catch it. I don't get why he said that I resemble the Disney Princess Snow White and that I'm good with animals.

Just because the monkeys in the zoo hates him when we were little.

I chuckled at that old memory, Senku and the monkeys had a glaring contest back then.

I closed my eyes and let the night breeze softly kiss my skin, my hair dancing with the wind.

"..What a great friend leaving her best friend alone in the lab.." I hear a familiar voice that I always hear since we were kids. I chuckled once more at a grumpy Senku. "Admit it, you had fun for once.. without your research and science." I chirped while he blushed.

He really needs a lot of appreciation.

"Everyone went home and Taiju and Yuzuriha are cleaning up. I told them I'm gonna look for you and gonna walk you home." He looked away from me. Well what can I say? it's been a while ever since Senku walks me home because it was Kuroo who was doing it. He offered his hand for me to standing up, which I gladly accepted.