1. The weekly session

I took a look at the paper work that was laying on my desk. It was quite a lot, and I had to go through it as soon as I could.
My last session today was going to be with Arthur Fleck. He had been seeing me for a month or so. Before that, he was locked up in a mental hospital, but somehow he managed to get out.
He could go crazy sometimes, acting aggressive to me while I tried my best to help him. Although everything I couldn't blame him, I blamed it on his mental illnesses.
My thoughts went blank when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in.", I said, while I covered the paperwork with a book, for privacy.
The door slowly opened and there he was: Arthur Fleck. He was wearing a brown sweater with a white blouse underneath. I thought that he always dressed himself quite neat. Some of my clients neglected themselves, so it was quite rare.

"Hello Arthur.", I said, with a little smile on my face.
"Good evening Ma'am.", he answered, while he sat down on the chair in front of my desk.
"How are you feeling today?", I asked him, out of real curiosity. I always cared about my clients.
"I feel.. like I want to do something with my life."
"What would you like to do, Arthur?"
"I want to be a.. standup comedian. Yes.. a standup comedian.", he answered while he smiled.
"That's lovely. Well, Arthur.. you are taking the right steps to get there. These weekly sessions can help you to get more confidence in yourself."
"At least you are listening to me. That helps."
I smiled at him while taking notes.
"Is there something in particular that you'd like to talk about today?", I asked him.
He frowned and thought about it for a little while.
Suddenly his worried face turned into a smile, while he looked me right in the eyes.

"I would like to talk about you.", he said.