Pennies (Vern Tessio)❤️

Reader's pov-

    Three hours. THREE HOURS. Vern has been under the porch in the blazing heat for three hours looking for those damn pennies! Of course, I did help him for awhile but I gave up because of the heat and suggested that he should too but he insisted on finding them today. Plus, there were too many spider webs under there and they gave me the heebie-jeebies.

    As I sat comfortably on the living room sofa, I heard rapid footsteps on the front porch. I heard the screen door swing open and then Vern bursted into the room. He was sweaty and a little dirty from being under the porch but he had a cute, victorious smile on his face anyway. I looked down at what he was holding in his hands and saw that he had finally found his pennies.

    "Y/N, look here!" He held the jar straight out, practically in my face. I smiled at his extremely childish enthusiasm. "Cool, Verno." I said while smiling. "Who needs a map? I sure don't! Haha.." Vern said, mostly to himself. "I bet Teddy, Gordie, and Chris are gonna be so jealous once they hear about this!" He said with nothing but pure joy. I laughed. God, I love this boy so much. "I'm glad you found them." I said as I giggled again. "Yeah, me too."

Man, I really hope Vern found those pennies eventually. I like to think he did. 😂