Sweater Weather (Ace Merrill)❤️

Your POV-

Ace came to my window at about 3 or 4 in the morning. We were next door neighbors and close friends so it wasn't unusual for him to come to my window unannounced. I opened it just a crack and he told me to go on a walk with him. He had trouble sleeping sometimes but so did I. I put my Chuck Taylor's and climbed out of my window behind Ace. He helped me to the ground and we sneakily made our way around the house and to the sidewalk.

"What's up with you tonight Merrill? Can't sleep?" I asked. "Something like that." He replied. "Can I ask you something Y/N?" He said. "Sure." I said.

"Do you think I'm a nice guy?" He asked. I squinted my eyes at him in confusion. That's such a random question. "I mean- yeah of course. To me at least." I said. He smiled. "Thanks." He said, looking down and slinging an arm around my shoulders.

We walked about halfway around the block until I realized how cold it was. It was late September, the beginning of our senior year. Needlessly to say, it was only gonna get colder outside. Ace noticed my shivering.

"You okay, Y/N?" He asked. "Yeah, just a little cold." I replied. He stopped walking which made me stop too. He removed his leather jacket and handed it to me. "Here. Put it on." Ace said. I blushed a little and smiled before hesitantly taking it.

"Thank you, Ace." I said before putting it on. "Anytime, Y/N." Ace said, flashing that perfect smile.