Dinner (Chris Chambers)❤️

For Mia. Hope you like it! :D

    "Gordie, man, how about this?" Chris asked as he opened the door to reveal his outfit. It was nice, not too casual and not too dressy. "That looks fine, Chris. You know Mia won't mind." Gordie said as he gave Chris a warm smile.

    Chris took a deep breath. Today he was going to have dinner with his girlfriend, Mia, and her family. "I just don't want them to look at me as that 'low life Chamber's kid'. Y'know?" Chris said as he looked in the mirror for the one hundredth time. "Trust me, you'll be fine." Gordie looked at the clock. "You better go, you don't wanna be late." Gordie said.

    He and Chris left Gordie's house and started their short walk to Mia's house. She was Gordie's neighbor and his first cousin. Gordie rang the doorbell as Chris nervously chewed his nails.

    The front door opened and they were both greeted with Mia. She smiled brightly. She was wearing a cute, casual afternoon dress and her brown hair was curled. It looked soft and pretty.

    Gordie hugged her before patting Chris's shoulder. "You've got this." He said. Chris laughed nervously. "Heh, yeah..." He said. "Chris, it's okay, it'll be fine." Mia reassured him as they went back into the house and into the living room. They sat and talked while waiting for her mother to tell them when dinner was ready.

    Mia's mother walked into the living room with a floral apron on. She wore a sweet smile as she greeted the two. "Hi Chris, it's so nice to meet you." She said as she shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you, too." Chris said politely, forcing himself to smile back at her. He was so nervous. "Well, dinner's ready. You guys can come and have a seat if you'd like." She said.

    The couple stood up and awkwardly walked into the dining room. Chris's palms were sweating and his heart raced. He swallowed the lump in his throat. "Mia, go get your father." Mia's mother said, breaking the silence that had fallen over the room. Mia got up and happily skipped towards the bottom of the stars. Chris laughed quietly as he watched her for a moment.

    Mia's father came downstairs shortly after she did. He was a tall man, but not intimidating. He had the same brown hair and hazel eyes as Mia. He walked up to Chris and stuck his hand out. "Nice to meet you, Chris." He said Chris's name almost as if it was a question, like he didn't know if that was his name for sure. Chris nodded and wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans before shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you, too." Chris said.

    Dinner was...awkward to say the least. Barely anyone spoke besides Mia's mother who was attempting to strike up a conversation with Chris about anything really. His hobbies, interests, and family. Chris felt uneasy. He felt Mia's dad's judgmental stare on him as he spoke but he tried not to acknowledge it. They had made eye contact a couple of times. Chris was, of course, the first to look away.

    After dinner, Chris had helped wash the dishes and put them away. He looked at the clock that they had on the wall of the kitchen. It was almost 8:00 p.m.- Chris's curfew. He said his goodbyes to Mia's parents, receiving a dreadful goodbye from Mia's mother and a nod of the head from her father. Mia walked Chris to the end of her driveway.

    "So... what'd you think?" Mia asked, biting her lip nervously. "That was the most awkward experience I've ever had." Chris said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Mia laughed softly. "I'm sorry." She said. "No, it's fine. I enjoyed it for the most part." Chris stated honestly.

    "Would you want to do it again?" Mia asked with a toothy grin. "Hell no." Chris said as he hugged the shorter girl close to him before kissing her head.

    "Goodnight, Mia." Chris said, kissing the brunettes full lips. Mia smiled, her eyes closed.

    "Goodnight, Chris."