Ch.7-Ninja

It was a beautiful day in Konoha, the Village Hidden in the Leaves. The Sun, still low in the sky, crept its warm, yellow light on the city below. The earliest sounds of life in the city picked up as various shops unlocked their doors and flipped their signs from"closed to open". Slowly people began to trickle down the street and the chatter of conversation filled Konoha's air. Ninja patrols leaving early for missions began leaving the city off on various important tasks. 

As the light slowly flooded into one specific apartment, a young boy was found sleeping. The slow rising of his chest and the small steady breathing being the only noise inside the bedroom. The young boy was having a particularly good dream about himself older and having awakened his true potential with the entire world bowing down before his feet. While he sat on his throne laughing manically as people came before him to offer gifts to him. 

Unfortunately, his alarm wasn't having any of that . Three harsh beeps woke the startled boy, who quickly shot up and rolled swiftly out of bed. Then, groggily realizing he wasn't under attack, he turned off the clock. Yawning, Ryu stretched out and looked at the time on the clock. "There's something important I'm missing"He thought as he relaxed. It was only 7 am. Why had he woken up so early? then, it hit him. "Today's his exam to decide on whether he becomes a Ninja!" He shot into the bathroom jumping in the shower which was frigid. The cold water always forced a yelp from him, the shock of it suddenly contacting his skin. 

Finishing up his shower, Ryu threw on a pair of black boxers, pulled on a pair of brown pants, black Ninja sandals, a white t-shirt with a green hoodie over it. "Now where did I put it" he said aloud looking around his apartment before grinning widely at the kunai pouch now resting in his hands. Rummaging inside he found three exploding tags and seven kunai inside. Quickly, clipping it to his right back pocket before looking at himself in the mirror. Nodding at himself he went into the kitchen to grab some toast before dashing out of the apartment ,locking the door behind him before running down the street towards the academy.

Over the last two weeks he spent his days under Iruka and that other guy with the black round glasses Ebisu, the one who got beat down by a toad summoned by Jiraiya. They mainly taught him four things- The application of ninjutsu and genjutsu, the academy style of Taijustu, kunai and shuriken target practice, and finally survival basics like building a tent and making a fire, basic stuff. It wasn't difficult at all and today I'm going to be given a trial mission and if I pass I get my headband. 

My thoughts went to team 7, I haven't seen them since my first day in Konoha."Maybe I'll look for them once I pass my test"I thought before stepping into the Academy. Watching many of the smaller ninja's in-training running about, trying to get to class. "Aaah Ryu their you are" Iruka said a stake of papers in his hand."Hey Iruka-sensei, I'm ready for my test" I said excitedly, Iruka laughed at my enthusiasm " Good to hear, your examiner is behind the school, good luck to you" He said before heading into a classroom to begin class. 

Making my way to the back of the school, I opened the door to be met with the targeting range. Seeing a sharp object fly towards me, I barely managed to move to the side before the kunai embedded itself into the wall beside my head. Hearing a whistle being blown, he looked up glaring at the other figure standing across from him.

"Anko" He said, she grinned "so it seems you already know who I am" she said "I'm you're instructor kid follow me" before she turned on her heal and began making her way towards the village gates.

After nearly an hour trek thru the forest we came to a giant circular arena that made my heart nearly stop in my chest. "The forest of death" I said "so you have heard of this forest, good" she said before reaching into her pouch and pulling out a scroll."your exam is simple, all you have to do is take this scroll and bring it to a fort due east inside the forest, you're allowed to use whatever you want, so long as it makes it to its destination unharmed"she said before tossing the scroll to me.