Chapter 8

*Pari Pov*

It's been two days since the day I send my resignation letter to Maam. However, the stupid thing I am doing at present is, I didn't tell my parents about it.

I just said that I extended my leave, and they just believed me. I am feeling a little guilty, but if I say that they will ask me the reason.

If I say the reason, let's just say I have to pray for the well-being of Mr.Stone. My dad is always protective of me, and I try to hide less important things from him so that no scene can be created.

After setting Mr.Stone in his place like he always says he would make me join our company which I don't want from the start. So I decided to tell them about my resignation only after finding another job.

I hope I find that as soon as possible and just take a few day's rest. Mr.Stone really knows how to tire out all his employees.

In the evening, I got a call from Rani. I smiled and lifted it and said, "Hey, Rani! What's up?"

"Pari, please call me on Skype right now. It is very urgent. " Rani said in a hurry.

"Ok..." I said, hanging up and called her through Skype.

I immediately saw Sakshi, Imran, Rashi along with Rani. All of them looking worried.

"Hey, guys! What is this? You guys are having a party and that too without me. And what's with the faces." I joked, but their faces remained the same.

"Pari you are not going to believe what happened today. " Rani said, ignoring my comment.

Ok, now what is happening? Either they are trying to prank me or something is really serious.

"Tell me what happened, guys? " I asked them worried.

"I will tell you. Today we all are doing our work as every day and were so busy because the work just got doubled. However, anyway suddenly, elevator doors opened and many clients of ours nearly ten entered the floor and went inside Mr.Stone's cabin. After some time Maam came out of her cabin and also entered his cabin. Then they all came outside and started looking at us." Sakshi said shivering.

"Yeah, it was a stupid feeling having ten pairs of eyes looking like some detectives on you, but anyway one client said 'Who do you think the spy would be in them?'. We just didn't understand anything, and then Maam explained the situation. That many important files belong to these clients are missing, and they are thinking that someone on the staff is spying for the rival company. " Rashi said in one breath.

"What? How were the files lost? Mr.Stone always secures his room right? " I asked them.

"That's what we thought, but look what happened." Imran said shaking his head.

"Wait... wait... I just remember that before my birthday, Mr.Stone didn't lock it as Ms.Sheela doesn't have anywhere else to go until her parlor appointment. Even the next day it was unlocked because I even placed his coffee on his table. " I said, remembering that day.

They all looked straight at me wide-eyed. Then it struck me and I immediately said, "Oh my God! Guys they have a very valid reason for suspecting me as the spy or something. Now, I even resigned just after that day. Oh God! What should I do to prove my innocence?" feeling tense completely.

"Uhmm... Pari? " Imran called me.

"Yes? " I asked, looking again at them and saw that they are shifting in their seats.

"Guys, what are you not telling me? " I asked them narrowing my eyes.

"Actually, one client thought that you had a great chance to be the spy. As you are given access to the files and also because you just recently resigned. He even thought of calling the police and report against you, and he just needed Mr.Stone's permission." Imran said not looking at me.