Chapter 12

*Pari Pov*

After the press meet is finished, I returned to the company and reached my floor. Immediately everyone turned towards me with a bright smile.

Our as usual mute claps started for me, and then I started walking to my desk after bowing to them. I am kind of tired because I am not used to those reporters at all.

When I was young, I asked my dad not to make me attend those press meets and make me come in contact with any media. He understood my discomfort and tried his best to save me from those things.

That's why no one knows me today otherwise there would have been chaos. I still don't understand why I suggested to myself that I would become his PR for one day.

Now, I realize my mistake with this severe headache I am suffering. I just hope they give a positive talk about this company. I mean they better!

"So Pari, your answers to their questions were superb and mainly your last comment. We couldn't help ourselves and laugh just standing behind Mr.Stone." Rani said laughing.

"Oh, then you all must have witnessed some smoke coming from his ears too right." I said high fiving her.

We didn't see someone standing in front of my desk until that someone cleared his throat.

We both suddenly turned around and saw that Mr.Stone is standing there fuming at me. We both immediately stood up gulping and looking at each other and then at Mr.Stone.

Then we heard Maam coming out of her cabin and stood beside Mr.Stone smiling at us. And the remaining staff just did what they always do like sitting silent and there is that stupid pin drop silence.

"I thought about talking to you in private, but you didn't leave me any choice." Mr.Stone said irritated.

Now, I am getting irritated for sure. I mean I just went in front of vultures and tried to save his reputation, but he is not at all happy even a little.

"Who are you to say that comment at the end about me?" he shouted at me.

Aha! So this is about that comment. If he thinks that I am going to apologize, then, he definitely doesn't know me.

So I shouted not in his range but a little that "Then who are you to shout at me when I have not done any mistake?"

"I am shouting now because you disrespected Me." he shouted again. He definitely can win a shouting match.

"And I disrespected like you are saying because you shouted at me and insulted me for just bringing you food, Mr.Stone." I said.

He looked stunned for a second and said, "Oh then, this is the revenge you took." glaring at me.

"Yes!" I said, returning the glare.

After a few seconds, Maam whispered to Mr.Stone and Rani whispered to me at a time. Nonetheless, we all heard their question for us.

"Are you sure you both are fighting here like a boss and P.A but not as husband and wife?" they both asked me.

"Shut up!" I said to Rani and Mr.Stone said to Maam. However, everyone laughed at that except Mr.Stone and me.

Mr.Stone was about to shout, but Maam interrupted him and said, "So anyway, I am here to announce the media reply to this press meet."

We had all forgotten everything and looked at her for the reply.

"Many channels said and I quote 'We all believed Mr.Stone's PR answers but still there was a little doubt in everyone's mind. Nevertheless, Ms.Pari's last comment pushed away all the doubts, and that comment definitely suits Mr.Stone. So we are with you, Mr.Stone.' Now we can relax." Maam said and made us all smile at that.