Chapter 22

*Pari Pov*

Today one week after canceling my resignation I reached the office a bit late along with everyone. We are doing this for the past two days.

Because there is not much work to do for another few more weeks by us, so we all just want to enjoy this freedom.

We all know that after a few weeks, we are going to have loads of work when many clients come here for deals so why not now enjoy.

However, Maam and Mr.Stone are always on time. As for Mr.Stone, the plan to make me call him by his name is failing totally.

He just asks me every day to call him 'Mr.Akash' which I am not going to do. So the same is just going on and on.

I am actually getting bored because of it. But today, when I reached my floor along with my friends, I got a big surprise.

My desk is not there. And the place is empty. Why only my desk is missing?

"Breaking News! Pari's desk is missing." Sakshi said.

"And if anyone finds it, please give it to her, and she will pay you hundred rupees." Rashi said.

They all laughed at it and I glared at them. After seeing my reaction, they calmed down a little.

"What happened to your desk, Pari?" Rani asked.

I looked at her and asked, raising an eyebrow "After seeing my expression, do you seriously think that I know anything about it?"

"Relax, Pari! I am just asking." Rani said, raising her hands surrendering.

"Sorry, Rani. I just started thinking that maybe Mr.Stone fired me, and I have to leave this place."

"Pari, you getting fired, is completely out of the question." Imran said.

"Even if you get fired. Why would he remove your desk? Some other P.A must also be appointed, and they need the desk right." Sakshi said.

"She is right, Pari." Rani said.

"Ok. I will just go and ask Maam." I said and left them.

They nodded and returned to their seats. I knocked on Maam's cabin nervously, fearing to even hear the reason for this desk missing.

After hearing her reply I entered and said, "Good morning Maam!" placing her coffee cup on her table.

"Good Morning, Ms.Pari!" she replied smiling.

"Maam! Where is my desk? Am I getting fired like again?" I asked her.

"You never got fired, Pari. You just resigned two times." She replied.

If she is not giving me her sweet smile, I would have thought she is completely taunting me.

"It is the same thing. For both, I need to leave this office." I said.

"There is a big difference. We will never fire you for sure, but you can resign any time you want." She said teasingly.

"Maam! I will not do it again, but I did it for correct reasons right." I said.

She nodded and then said, "Please don't call me Maam again. Call me Simran."

"Why?" I asked her.

"You are asking me why!? Come on Ms.Pari you are doing like three jobs, which are totally higher in this company. You are equal with the employers." She replied.

I am actually not convinced with the explanation, so I decided to not do it. So I said, "I think it is better to not do it Maam, but you can call me Pari."