Chapter 9

*Pari Pov*

The next day I just tried to be normal and forget about him. And neglect to find any reasons for his trust in me.

Nevertheless, the further I think of it the longer I am getting confused. So I left the topic and decided to busy myself preparing some new cuisine I searched online.

I just chatted with my mom when I didn't have anything else to do. In the evening, I chatted with my Dad.

Now I am again on my bed lost in my thoughts. Why am I even thinking about him this much?

He is going to be married in two days as Rani said. I shouldn't think of him. It is not good for my sanity as well. With that thought I let sleep consume me.

The next day I am actually bored without any work. I got so used to doing my work that now I want to just join in some company to take action again.

In the afternoon, I was just sitting in our living room and changing the channels repeatedly. No proper movies are coming at all today, so I put a news channel.

However, I didn't look at it at all. Then I heard 'Stone Corporation', and I immediately concentrated on the news and even increased the volume.

There, standing is Ms.Sheela along with some man beside her. They look quite cozy with each other.

What am I even thinking? He must be some family member. Yeah, that's it!

I shook my head and listened when one reporter asked her "Ms.Sheela, we heard that you got engaged to Mr.Stone. Is it true?"

"Yeah, but I am now standing with my boyfriend. We both are in relation for about more than one year. " she said, holding that man's hand.

What? Why am I getting much shocking news these days?

"We are confused. " Another reporter said. So, am I Dude!

"Actually, I don't want to marry Mr.Stone, but he threatened my family when I refused to. So I have to accept the engagement. I really love only my boyfriend." she said, looking directly at everyone.

What a liar! We all saw how she nagged everyone stating her future status and all. However, why is she doing this?

"But isn't it weird getting engaged to your boyfriend's rival? " A reporter asked her.

Rival? Oh my God! Really?

She was about to answer, but her boyfriend said, "That's why we arranged this press conference so that he can't threaten her and her family anymore."

"And also, after getting to know these many clients of his are turning towards us. He can't even make them not leave his company." he added, gesturing to some other clients sitting beside them.

Aren't these same ones that said that their files got missed and blah? I heard some of these clients' names from Rani.

Then the answer is thrown at me with a huge heavy truck. Ms.Sheela is the one that stole those files. This was all nothing but an act for her, and I am sure that Mr.Stone will never force her to wed him.

I think if he had a chance, he would marry his company instead of a girl. However, that is not important now Pari so stop thinking that. I scolded myself.

The reputation of the company will start to drain for sure and because of those backstabbing clients, it will have a huge loss too.

I don't know how Mr.Stone is handling all these in the first place...

*Mr.Stone Pov*

I am currently sitting in front of the television in my cabin along with my sister. We heard each, and everything came out of those liars.