A Study in Pink: Chapter 7

The three of you made your way across the street and Sherlock led the way into a small, shabby looking restaurant. It didn't look like much, but the delightful smell of food wafting from the kitchen told you otherwise. You actually were starving, but sadly you had work to do. You never ate when there was a possibility of a potential meet with a killer.

Sherlock took a seat at a table right next to a huge window that had a perfect view of 22 Northumberland Street. You sat next to him, and John across from you. You and Sherlock had a view straight towards the street, while John's back faced away.

"22 Northumberland Street. Keep your eyes on it." Sherlock ordered and you nodded looking out at the street; nothing suspicious yet. You placed your chin in your hand, hoping this would actually lead somewhere. You really needed a bit of thrill, you'd had so many boring cases and no fun out in the field. You'd been stuck in your office for the past few weeks, entertaining uneducated interns.

"He's not just going to ring the doorbell, though, is he? He'd have to be mad." John said, turning over his shoulder to glance back at the road.

"Well, he has killed four people." You pointed out, eyes still glued onto 22 Northumberland Street.

"Okay..." John nodded turning back to the window. While all of you were silently staring out of the window, a man approached your table.

"Sherlock!" An older man with greying hair pulled back into a ponytail greeted. With one glance you knew he was the owner of the restaurant, going by his clothes and his greeting to Sherlock. He shook Sherlock's hand, a grin on his face. "Anything on the menu, whatever you want, free! All on the house, you and your date." The man motioned to you and you raised an eyebrow, as Sherlock glanced at you. John stifled a laugh. "And this gentleman as well, of course."

"Do you want to eat?" Sherlock simply asked, ignoring the whole "date" thing.

"I'm not anyone's date." You informed him. John laughed at this, and you looked curiously up at him. What was so funny?

"Oh, then you two, then?" The man looked from John to Sherlock. That's comical, right? You internally thought, trying to decide if it was or not. Based on John's previous laughing, you figured it was.

"Yup." You nodded. You wanted to see what John's reaction would be to that.

John's eyes went wide and he shook his head frantically. You found it interesting Angelo would assume Sherlock and John to be dating next instead of you and John. Well, you had said you weren't anyone's date, but even he could see the weird bond the two already had. Angelo was an outside of the box thinker, you could always appreciate that.

"N-no, no!" John quickly shot out, his face turning a light shade of pink. You knew that was sometimes a sign of embarrassment. In this case, it was.

"This man! Got me off a murder charge!" The man suddenly said, gesturing to Sherlock, ignoring John's protest.

"This is Angelo. Three years ago I successfully proved to Lestrade that at the time of a particularly vicious triple-murder, that Angelo was in a completely different part of town, house-breaking." You nodded, looking at Angelo. Did Sherlock just have some sort of connection with everybody? It really was starting to seem like he did. Which was weird because he had no friends.

"He cleared my name." Angelo laughed, clamping a friendly hand onto Sherlock's shoulder.

"I cleared it a bit. Anything happening opposite?" Sherlock nodded towards the street. When had he found the time to pass this information to Angelo? "Oh don't look so alarmed, I told him while you were pacing all around the house, you were so concentrated, you didn't even notice." Sherlock looked up at you.