The Final Problem: Chapter 5

(Ayeeee, sorry this chapter took FOREVER to get out! If you guys follow me you probably saw me talk about how unmotivated I am without having my school computer :( but I just bought one of my own computers now, so that means more motivation and more typing for me, AND faster chapters! Anyway, I'm pretty proud of this chapter so I hope you guys like it! And it's a pretty long one too :)))) Okay, okay, I'll stop being annoying now so you can read. Love you guys!!! ❤️)

***

As you stepped through the small corridor, you noted how dull it was. The ceiling, walls, and floor were all the same colour of muted metallic grey. The four of you were silent as you made your way silently down the hall and the only noise was the sound of your shoes scuffing against the metal floorboards.

You squeezed Sherlock's hand in yours in search for comfort, as your nerves were quickly rising the longer you were stuck in this building. You should've listened to Sherlock when he'd told you that it wouldn't be a good idea for you to come with them here to meet Eurus. But you'd been so caught up on wanting to be there for him, you didn't see the true dangers you'd be facing once you made it to Sherrinford. All that mattered now was that you were here and you all needed to work together to figure out a plan through this- most preferably one where no one else had to die.

Sherlock gripped your hand tighter in his as you stepped out of the hall and into a room that was much smaller than the cell you'd been in moments before. You rapidly scanned the room, taking in every detail as quickly as you could. That didn't take long, considering how small and almost empty the room was.

This room was the same muted grey as the hall, but a majority of the walls were coated in a thick red paint. You wrinkled your nose, reaching your free hand to the side to run your fingers across the red paint that very much resembled blood. You pulled your hand back in a quick recoil as you felt the paint under your fingertips wasn't fully dry, so this was done recently then.

"Someone's been redecorating." Sherlock stated bluntly as he glanced at the walls before you both stepped further into the room. In a normal instance, you'd crack a smile or even laugh at Sherlock's joke, but this wasn't funny to you. Eurus' game had quite literally put you in a mood.

John neared you and Sherlock from the hall, a frown set on his face. "Is that allowed?" He questioned, taking a turn as he studied the room.

"She's literally taken over the asylum. We have more to worry about than her choice of colour scheme." Sherlock told him, dropping your hand to make his way towards a large window on the opposite side of the room. You watched him uncomfortably as he gazed out of it. The window was taller than him, stretching nearly from floor to ceiling of the room you were in. It was so big that it had to be separated into three separate window panes.

"The paint's barely dry. It's been done recently." You vocalized rubbing your fingers together where the wet paint had touched. As you scanned the room, you focused on a glass table that was centered in the middle of the room with a white envelope carefully placed in the center of it.

Sherlock turned back towards you, looking away from the rocky, ocean view below. "It's for our benefit." He told you, coming back to your side. As soon as he came within arms distance you wrapped your arm around him out of instincts, pulling him close to your side. You didn't want him too far from you.

The corridor you'd just walked through began sliding closed, letting out a small brushing sound as it slid closed. You watched it, waiting for something to happen. It was quiet at first and you looked up at Sherlock, wondering what was about to happen. A few moments later, a screen lit up on the back wall and Eurus' grinning face appeared. "As a motivator to your continued cooperation, I'm now reconnecting you." She held her hand up dramatically and clicked a button on her remote.