His Last Vow: The End

"So I was right! This is about Magnussen." You looked up at Sherlock as he began to pull on his gloves. He nodded as he walked back into the kitchen, carefully taking Mycroft's computer from under his arms. John was in the other room, making 100% sure that Mary was okay. "What did you do to convince him?" You questioned him as he tucked Mycroft's computer underneath his arm.

"Long story." He spoke, taking a long glance out the window. You followed his eyes, wondering what he was looking for. When he still felt your eyes on him he turned to you, "I'll explain on the way." He quickly told you, you grinned up at him cheesily, ready to hear all about it.

"Sherlock... please tell me you haven't just gone out of your mind." John spoke softly from the other room. You could tell he was wondering whether or not Sherlock had reached his breaking point. John looked to you and you gave him an unknowing look, you weren't sure what exactly he was up to.

"I'd rather keep you guessing." Sherlock gave you a quick wink and you shook your head at him. You walked in the other room to join John when you heard the faint sound of a helicopter approaching in the distance. You looked to Sherlock, your face coated in shock.

"No way." You hurried to a window. That had to be what Sherlock had been looking for. A helicopter. John stood behind you, looking up at the helicopter that was quickly approaching the house.

"He's lost his mind." John nodded. He spoke this mostly to himself. You grinned up at the helicopter, you couldn't believe this was all happening right here and now. It really was Christmas! Sherlock had gotten a helicopter as your ride to Appledore? This was insane.

"Ah. There's our lift." Sherlock grinned, poking his head into the sitting room.

You followed Sherlock as he stepped out the door where the helicopter was circling the Holmes' pasture, making sure it was safe to land. After a few minutes, it began to descend into the grassy field. You shielded your face as you looked up towards it in awe.

As it landed, Sherlock made his way towards it down the path, Mycroft's computer still tucked under his arm. The helicopter was about 30 feet in front of you now, but the wind it was producing sent your hair flying in all directions as the routers began to slow down.

"Sherlock, this is insane!" You yelled over the roaring wind the helicopter was producing. You couldn't believe he'd actually gotten a real helicopter to come and pick you all up. You'd never been in one, but you were excited to. What excited you more was getting to finally see Appledore, you were sure that's where you were being taken.

John followed behind you, but stopped as you all reached the gate that led up to the small cottage. You walked through it, still watching the helicopter that was sitting in the middle of the field. You brought up a hand to your hair, holding back from your face.

"Coming?" Sherlock questioned John, stopping to look at him.

"Where?" John eyed the helicopter as he started to follow after you and Sherlock.

"D'you want your wife to be safe?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah, of course I do."

"Good, because this is going to be incredibly dangerous. One false move and we'll have betrayed the security of the United Kingdom and be in prison for high treason. Magnussen is quite simply the most dangerous man we've ever encountered, and the odds are comprehensively stacked against us." Sherlock grinned as he spoke quickly, looking over at you.

"But it's Christmas." John almost pouted as he looked at Sherlock in disbelief.

"I feel the same." Sherlock grinned.