The Six Thatchers: Chapter 3

Going home to work on more cases was one of the hardest things you had to do. You felt like any second Sherlock might bring up the facts about you having the symptoms of pregnancy. You'd have to figure out how to hide it before you thought of how you'd possibly tell him you were pregnant. You didn't know how to tell him. For Mary, that was easy because Sherlock had simply told them it was a possibility. But since Sherlock hadn't caught on yet... you had no idea how to tell him. You honestly wished it were different, that he'd deduced it from you before you even knew. But he hadn't, so it was your and Mary's secret for just now. You decided you'd attempt to hide your systems until you figured out how to tell him. You weren't sure how long that was going to take.

When John and Mary returned home from the hospital, a small party in congratulating them was thrown at their house. They sat on their couch, arm in arm with the sleeping girl in Mary's arms. You smiled as Mrs. Hudson tried to take a picture for them.

"Has that come out?" She questioned, looking down at the camera in question. "They never come out when I take them!" She sighed, trying to fix the camera.

Molly immediately came to Mrs. Hudson's aid. "Let's have a look." She set aside her wine glass, scooping up the camera and clicking a couple buttons before handing it back. "Have another go."

"What about a name?" Mrs. Hudson smiled at the couple as they tended to the baby.

"Catherine." John stated. Mary was not in agreement.

"Uh, yeah, we've gone off that." She told him, as she looked down at the girl.

"Have we?" John questioned. He was obviously unaware of this information. You knew they'd find the perfect name eventually. Everyone always did.

"Yeah." Mary nodded.

"Well, you know what I think." Sherlock spoke from your side, looking down at his phone. He was finally off his twitter spree, and was currently texting people back about cases.

"It's not a girls name." Both Mary and John told him in unison. He shrugged as he continued typing.

"Oh, Y/n. Would you like some wine?" Mrs. Hudson questioned as she saw you hadn't yet been offered a cup.

"No!" You half shouted to which Mrs. Hudson looked shocked. "Sorry! No thank you, just not the biggest wine fan, work, you know?" You chuckled slightly sending Mary a horrified look. You hadn't chalked that off well. She shook her head at you with a look that told you to just tell everyone, but you didn't want to. Here just didn't feel right. Sherlock didn't look up from his phone and you sighed in relief; he hadn't sensed anything in your voice.

John cleared his throat, clearly the silence that filled the air after your rejection was making him uncomfortable. That or he had something he needed to ask. "Y/n... Sherlock, we'd love you to be godparents." John spoke quickly. You looked to Mary, your face turning to a smile. They trusted you with that responsibility? Of course Mary did, she always trusted you. But that meant a lot. "If you..." John trailed off.

"Of course, John! It would be an honor." You looked to Sherlock, who probably hadn't even heard what John had said. "And Sherlock agrees." You nudged him and he didn't look up from his phone as he continued to furiously type.

"Agree with what?" He questioned, sending another text. He was on a roll today.

"Godfather? We'd like you to be godfather." John told him, glancing down at the phone in Sherlock's hands.

"God is a ludicrous fiction dreamt up by inadequates who abnegate all responsibility to an invisible magic friend." You groaned slightly at Sherlock's words, but knew they couldn't bother John all that much. He was used to it by now.