The Lying Detective: The End

(Oh my gods... I cannot believe that there's only one episode left... which makes me slightly depressed, BUT I still have a lot to write for this fanfic! I'm thinking I'll give you guys The Abominable Bride, but I'll make it a separate book for people that want to read it and just so it doesn't interfere with the nice flow this book has! Also, I'm defiantly planning on writing an epilogue after the last episode, so don't you all worry! The end is near, but not insanely near. We still have a lot of content to go! Anyway, I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for coming a long on this journey with me, it seriously means a lot to me. Without you guys, I'm not sure what I would've done. You've made me happy when I really didn't think I could be happy for the longest time in the beginning of this story. I'm a completely different person now than I was when I started writing this years ago (I started this story years before I started to publish it here!) and you've all played a role in that. I think it's safe to say I've made many friends here, and you all mean so much to me. Even if you're just reading, commenting, voting, whatever. Thank you for joining this long journey with me. If you stayed this long, I hope you enjoy the final chapter of  The Lying Detective!!! 🖤)

***

Once you made it to the hospital, you both booked it towards Sherlock's room. You tried and failed to keep up with John, but knew he'd be of better help to Sherlock anyways.

When you finally made it to Sherlock's door, John was searching for something to break open the locked door. He grabbed a fire extinguisher that was in a case nearby.

"Step back." He told you. You listened, quickly taking a few steps back as John raised the fire extinguisher and smashed it down in the door handle. It let out a loud crack, and the door broke in. Just as John broke open the door, a police officer rounded the corner rushing into Sherlock's room after you.

Smith instantly stood up straight, his eyes wide as he saw you enter the room. You weren't interested in him, though. You looked at Sherlock, your heart skipping as you saw he was mostly okay. He looked very shaken up, but he was alive. You rushed to his side as soon as John got a hold of Smith, yanking him away.

"What were you doing to him? What were you doing?!" John demanded.

"Sherlock!" You breathed, embracing him as he breathed deeply. Smith struggled in John's grip, trying to get closer to the hospital bed.

"He's in distress! I-I'm helping him!" Smith claimed, eyes wide. John, very much extremely angry, threw Smith into the officer's arms.

"Restrain him, now. Do it." John ordered. The officer listened, immediately pulling Smith's hands behind his back.

"I was trying to help him!" Smith shouted.

"Sherlock, what was Smith doing to you?" You asked, taking Sherlock's hand in yours. He held it back weakly, still breathing heavily.

"Suffocating me, overdosing me." Sherlock spoke weakly pointing to his drug stand. You looked up at it, seeing that Smith had upped Sherlock's drip extremely high.

"On what?" John asked.

"Saline." You answered.

"Saline?" John questioned with a frown, like he didn't quite understand.

"Yeah, saline." Sherlock nodded. He tried to push himself up, and you helped him as he continued to catch his breath. You raised the bed up for him and he sat up, already looking better now that he was propped up.

"What d'you mean, saline?" John looked back and forth between you.

"Well, I'm not completely stupid. Sherlock and I both knew this would happen at some point. I came and switched the bags- that's what I was doing when you walked in, John." You told him. John walked over towards you, glancing at the bag. You glanced at Smith, who looked absolutely terrified.