His Last Vow: Chapter 6

Once you arrived back at 221B, John and Mary entered the flat in an eerie silence. You held Sherlock back as you watched them enter the flat. "Really, now?" He groaned as you started to check his breathing and pulse rate. You gave him a firm nod as you held his wrist in your hand, counting the beats. You furrowed your eyebrows in concern as his heart beat itself felt erratic and weak. Plus, he was a bit on the tachycardic side. On top of all that, his breathing was a bit labored as well. You went to feel his abdomen for any abnormalities but he pushed you away, no doubt annoyed.

"Sherlock, you could be internally bleeding for all I know right now. Your heart rate is all over the place and so is your breathing. Now let me check." You told him firmly. He rolled his eyes, but let you feel his abdomen for rigidness. His abdomen felt normal, but that didn't mean he wasn't bleeding internally. He had a lot of tenderness below his shooting sight, which exceeded what you believed was a normal amount of pain. "I'm calling an ambulance. I don't have a good feeling." You told him. He nodded, before he began making his way up the stairs. You shook your head at him as you watched him struggle up the stairs with his entire body weight practically hanging off the banister. You pulled out your phone dialing for an ambulance and you told the operator your situation. They dispatched someone out and you walked back up to the flat, ready to help John and Mary.

Sherlock was bracing himself against the door when you entered, which didn't make you feel any better. You wrapped an arm around him and he automatically placed his weight against you. You grunted as his almost full body weight was leaned against you, but you bore through it, only stumbling a bit.

"Get me some morphine from your kitchen. I've run out." Sherlock demanded of Mrs. Hudson.

"I don't have any morphine!" She looked at him with wide eyes. Sherlock looked towards her, annoyance clear in his expression.

"Then what exactly is the point of you?" He snapped.

"Sherlock!" You looked up at him. He really was fussy without his pain medication, but that was his decision. He wasn't allowed to be mean to Mrs. Hudson when he was the one who'd made the stupid idea to leave the hospital in the first place. "Ignore him." You told her.

"What is going on?" Mrs. Hudson questioned as she scanned all of your faces. There was no doubt in your mind that you all looked like hell at the moment. Mary was terrified to lose her husband. John was pissed and tired of being lied to. Sherlock was agitated and currently looked like hell from breaking out of the hospital. And you were just ready for everything to return to the semi-normal everyday life you had. This new information on Mary was quite unexpected and you selfishly wished that Mary's background wasn't what it was. If it wasn't, Sherlock wouldn't be hurt and maybe you would've gotten somewhere with Magnussen by now.

"Bloody good question." John responded to Mrs. Hudson, his hands sat angrily on his hips. He stared ahead at Mary, his entire being radiating anger.

"The Watsons are about to have a domestic, and fairly quickly, I hope, because we've got work to do." Sherlock spoke as he gazed at John. You shook your head at Sherlock, tightening your grip around his waist.

"Oh, I have a better question. Is everyone I've ever met a psychopath?" John took an angry step towards Mary as he continued to glower at her. You don't think you'd ever seen him quite this angry, and you'd seen John angry many times. But perhaps when he'd found out you and Sherlock weren't actually dead but had lied to him for two years took the cake at the moment because he'd yet to punch anyone.

Sherlock's eyes glanced up to the ceiling in thought at John's rhetorical question. "Don't answer that." You told him. You knew he would and it would just piss John off even more. Sherlock bit back his words as you looked up at him sternly.