The Great Game: Chapter 7

When you stepped out of the shower, you toweled off and grabbed Sherlock's dressing gown, wrapping it around your body. Sherlock really didn't mind when you used his things, and you didn't really care about personal space, so naturally, you used all of his things. Plus his dressing gown was silky and comfortable, you debated yourself on stealing it. You decided that probably wouldn't be a good idea based on how much Sherlock wore it. You'd just use it any chance you could get. He had a lot of them anyways.

You combed your wet hair, before stepping from the bathroom to make tea. When you exited, you saw Mrs. Hudson entering the flat with a tray of fresh steaming tea. She spotted you and her mouth opened in a happy and surprised 'O' shape. You weren't sure if she was just happy to see you or if she was assuming something considering you had just stepped out of the shower in Sherlock's dressing gown.

"Oh, Y/n! I didn't know you were here. I would've made you a cup, but I'll just step out then." She winked at you and you looked at her wide eyed, wondering what she was thinking. You'd expected her to go that route, which wasn't good for you. She'd tell everyone false facts if you didn't stop her now. And you didn't want to deal with what she might tell John. It was just too much and frankly, usually delayed whatever you were doing when people asked. Not that you cared people thought you might be a couple.

"Oh, no! I just showered, we're not together! Should I take that tea?" You changed the subject, sweeping the tea from her tray and turning on your foot to take it to Sherlock.

"I wouldn't bother. I've already tried three times." She sighed, shaking her head.

You walked into the kitchen, seeing Sherlock still intensely focused on his microscope. You placed a hand on his shoulder and he glanced up at you. You were surprised he'd taken his concentration away from the case to see what you needed.

"From Mrs. Hudson. Please drink it." You begged, sitting it on the table beside him.

"I'm not your housekeeper!" Mrs. Hudson yelled from the other room as she subconsciously started tidying up the apartment like she always did.

He scanned your face before he took the cup of tea and sipped it before turning back to his work. You sighed in relief as Mrs. Hudson looked delighted and smiled sweetly at you.

You heard Sherlock choke and cough and you swirled around to make sure he wasn't choking. He coughed again then took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair, his eyes glittering with an all-knowing look. He figured it out. He solved the case just like the genius he was. You couldn't help but wonder if he would've solved it faster with your help.

"Poison." He whispered, shaking his head at how brilliant it was. You wanted to know what he'd figured out.

"I know, it's the caffeine." Mrs. Hudson shook her head softly, gazing over at Sherlock.

"Clever. Clever." Sherlock chuckled with a grin on his face. You walked behind his chair, gazing over the results. Your eyebrows rose in shock and just a hint of admiration for the killer. Not for killing a person, obviously. But for being so smart and tricky. It was the perfect, untraceable crime.

"What are you on about?" Mrs. Hudson asked, of course getting ignored. Sherlock had you hooked on this case now, but he had solved it, so now you could add any input you wanted. You heard someone come up the stairs and saw John enter the room, you and Sherlock grinned at him.

"Clostridium botulinum." You shook your head clicking your tongue. "That is clever." You nodded, crossing your arms across your chest. "It is one of the deadliest poisons in the world." You said, mostly to yourself.

"How about you, love? Do you want his tea?" Mrs. Hudson cooed, gesturing to all of Sherlock's full cups. Sherlock looked over at her, as if processing that she was there this whole time. He jumped up and pushed her towards the door.