The Empty Hearse: Chapter 8

"Mr. and Mrs. Holmes, I didn't expect to see you here!" You greeted, sneaking a glare towards Sherlock. You turned away from his parents so they wouldn't see you as you looked to Sherlock in panic. 'Did you know they were coming?!' You mouthed, your face heating up. He didn't answer and you rolled your eyes at him. You'd deal with him later.

"Oh! Y/n, it's so nice to finally meet you! We've heard all about you!" His mom greeted standing to give you a hug. Oh god, you thought as she wrapped her arms tightly around you. She pulled back looking at you with a bright smile. You immediately reached a hand up to your neck, pretending to rub it awkwardly as you adjusted your shirt.

"Oh, have you?" You again glanced at Sherlock. You'd never met his parents in person, you weren't sure if they even knew you and Sherlock were dating or not. Sherlock gave you a shrug as if he didn't know what they were talking about. That didn't comfort you at all.

"Yes! Mycroft's told us so much about you!" You gave Sherlock a horrified look as you kept your hand awkwardly resting on your neck. Sherlock cracked you a smile and you glowered at him. This was not funny in the slightest.

"Oh, uh, what has he said." You let out an awkward chuckle, you would like it if you could sprint out of the flat here and now.

"How much of a help you've been with our Sherlock. Thank you so much for keeping an eye on him!" You turned to Sherlock with another look for help. When all he did was cover his mouth to hold in a laugh. You needed an escape.

"Sherlock, a moment?" You asked, hurrying away to the kitchen, grabbing his scarf on the way. You quickly draped it back around your neck. Your face felt as if it were on fire at the moment. You knew you must be a bright shade of red. Sherlock followed behind you with a smirk on his face.

"Did you know they were coming?!" You whispered loudly, glancing out at his parents to make sure they couldn't hear you. Sherlock followed your gaze as he crossed his arms over one another.

"Maybe."

"Oh for heaven's sake, Sherlock! I could kill you!"

"But you won't."

"I'm considering it!" You breathed, pressing your hands to your forehead in stress. "Do they even know about us?"

"If by 'us' you mean they think you're keeping an eye on me to keep me out of trouble then yes." You groaned out loud, your body feeling like it was physically deflating by the second.

"Sherlock, what the hell? You could've at least warned me they were coming. They probably saw... just kill me. Kill me now." You looked at him seriously. You felt... embarrassed and a bit ticked off Sherlock hadn't said a word.

"It wouldn't have been funny if I told you!" He laughed. You whacked his shoulder, hard. He let out a grunt in response, rubbing his shoulder.

"Don't make me bruise those cheekbones." You narrowed your eyes at him in all seriousness. He continued to laugh and you wondered what his parents would say if you were to punch him, right now.

"It's fine, they really like you for some reason." He waved away your previous comments and you stared at him blankly.

"So, are you going to tell them? They'll find out at some point." You said after a moment of silence of Sherlock laughing at you while you glared into his soul.

"The point is to make them leave, not stay longer." He groaned. "They've been here long enough."

"Then I'll tell them." You walked from the kitchen, smiling at his parents who sat side by side on the couch. "Mr. and Mrs. Holmes." You clasped your hands together, feeling a lot better now that you had Sherlock's scarf back on. "Sherlock and I are... well, we're a couple." You told them. They stared at you blankly and you turned to Sherlock, a tiny bit panicked. That's when his mother cracked a huge grin.