Chapter 9

Aphmau's POV

For the next half hour, I carry on setting up Devo and connecting him to all of the cameras that I had installed around the place whilst Derek and Rowen sat to the side, discussing security measures.

I had looked through those cameras and confirmed my thoughts.

Xavier has seen too much, making things more difficult.

I'll just deal with him tonight.

The agents who were watching him were told that he was leaving in the evening, but they're still keeping an eye on him.

As I carry on typing away, I hear shuffling coming from my bed. Taking a quick glance, I see that it was Aaron, starting to wake up.

I tuck away all my agent and business related work and pull down the hologram Devo was showing me.

I hear him groan and then shuffle around some more before freezing. He's probably just realised that his ears and tail were out.

Once, I think, he puts his ears away, he pulls the hoodie off his head before sitting up. He rubs his eyes and yawns a little, showing his slightly sharper canines and the runs his hand through his bed head.

"Morning sunshine." I greet him sarcastically as I carry one typing away at my laptop.

He groans in response as he yawns again and runs the sleep from his eyes. His reply causes Derek to snicker at him, making his eyes shoot right open.

"Dad?" he asks, confused about why he was here.

"Aaron. Good nap?" Derek replies in an amuses tone.

"No, I'm going back to sleep." with that, he repositions himself under my blankets and falls back asleep.

"Well..." I mumble after quietly giggling at him. "He better wake up later, I'm hungry."

Derek and Rowan chuckle at my comment and I go back to doing my work.

After another hour, they were both still around. Derek had just walked back into my room after walking out to answer a business call. Rowan was also just walking back into my room. He was talking to some of the agents that came with Derek, telling them what to do.

At this point, my stomach was rumbling like no one's business and I was hungry, but I don't want to cook.

I finally move my laptop aside and get up, walking to my bed.

"HEY AARON." I scream out as I shake him, making him jolt awake.

"Hi."

I could sense Derk and Rowan face palming at my actions whilst Aaron glares at me.

"What do you want?!" he grumbles as he faces me.

I answer him with a innocent little smile. "I'm hungry."

"And?!" he asks me, as if he didn't know why I was telling him that.

"Make me food."

He looked at me with a deadpanned stare before answering me. "Make it yourself."

"I'm busy." I say with a shrug.

"Clearly not since your here annoying me." with that he turns back around and pulls my covers back over his head.

"Your in my bed." I rip the blankets away from him. "So stop sassing me and make me food."

"Aph! Give me back the blankets." he cries as he sits up and reaches for the blankets.