Silent Demons

A/N: This is my first fan fiction I've tried writing besides my countless other stories in Google Docs that never ended well so I hope this turns out better, I feel pretty confident so far but I am still worried so if you don't like it please keep it to calm critisism to help me or stop reading... Thank you and enjoy the story.

Sweeney Todd stood by the window of his shop staring out at the black, filthy streets of London. God he hated the world, the people of London scurried along in their hats and coats in the cold. It was a crisp October day and the few trees scattered around town were covered in vibrant shades of orange and yellow.

Mrs. Lovett's shop was booming with business while Todd waited inside hoping for a customer. His baker companion had been running low on meat in the past week.

When the weather was cold no one needed a shave because they needed to keep their faces warm. The cold season was always a dark time for the two friends. Too much business for Mrs. Lovett, not enough for Sweeney.

Just as he was about to fall in exasperation onto his chair the bell chimed and a man wearing a top hat appeared. No one followed behind him to Sweeney's pleasure and he greeted the man with a forced smile.

The man seemed cheery, a little too much, as Todd felt. He never liked the happy customers, they bothered him. Which made him more content as he slit the mans throat, stepped on his pedal and cleaned the blood off his razor.

He sighed again, it was over too soon, he was beginning to get bored of it all, not having killed Turpin yet was always in the back of his mind. Gnawing at him, making him more and more angry as the days went by. He wanted the Judge gone.

Mrs. Lovett's walked into the room and she saw the barber tense. He whipped around to face her and sighed angrily when he saw it was just her.

"What is it?" He asked annoyed. "Don't you want to take care of your customers?"

"O' course I do but I 'ad to bring ya sumthin to eat, you've been starving yaself waiting for that bloody judge!"

Sweeney rolled his eyes and grabbed the tray from her hands and placing it on his desk without glancing at the food.

"Now go," Sweeney snarled.

Mrs. Lovett waited for a few extra seconds hoping to hear even the slightest thank you from him and yet, nothing.

As she closed the door behind her she still saw his handsome, black eyes staring into hers. God he was so beautiful but she knew his demons would never leave until he killed the judge. He would never love her the way she loved him. The only hope she felt about him loving her was getting the judge to him, and quick.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Lovett felt someone tugging at her dress, she turned around to see one of her customers yanking her back over to him. She sighed this again, her customers were rude and disgusting but her only way of getting them to come back was to play along with their games. With that in mind she giggled dirtily as the man pulled her into his lap.

"Sir," she said with a fake smile plastered on her face. "I 'ave to get back to the shop for yer ale."

He grinned showing his disgusting yellow teeth. "Oh darlin'" he sneered. "There are more important things to me right now then me ale."

His words made Nellie's stomach twist, his breath smelled awful. Trying not to shy away from his stare she attempted the stand but his grip was tight.

Just before the man could lean forward and kiss her the door to the barber shop opened and Sweeney walked out.

Mrs. Lovett sighed in relief as he rushed down the stairs with a deadly look in his eyes.

He grabbed her out of his grasp, and gave the man a confused look.

"Now sir you can't expect a woman to accept you when you have that stubble on your chin, how about I freshen you up with a shave. Mrs. Lovett will be waiting." He smirked wickedly.

The customer agreed and walked up the steps with Todd trailing behind him. Mrs. Lovett looked at her other customers who were all staring at her.

"Alright shows over, tuck into yer pies."

The crowd obeyed and the silence was swallowed up by conversation, and no one but Mrs. Lovett heard the quiet scream from upstairs.