Regrets

Todd laid on the floor of his shop.  His mind was racing.  Eleanore hadn't woke yet to his relief.  The barber regretted what had happened the night before.

Why? He asked himself this over and over again.

When he had woke he thought and hoped it had all been a dream, until he felt someone shift beside him.

He couldn't say the night before wasn't good, as it was.  But his guilt of betraying Lucy continued to build.  Sweeney ran a hand through his tangled black hair.  The door to his room opened and he sat up quickly in time to see Nellie walk out the door. 

Why did she have to look so beautiful.  He hated himself for loving her.  Breaking his gaze he pulled himself to his feet and ran out of the barber shop.

Nellie sighed as Todd left the room.  She knew what happened was a mistake.  She walked out after him to see him slam the pie shop door.  Tired she shuffled down the stairs slowly, rubbing her eyes.  When she reached the bottom Nellie opened the door of the emporium to see Sweeney on the ground sobbing.  A knife in one hand and blood slowly escaping from his opposite wrist.  Eleanore gasped and rushed over to him.  He wrestled free and glared at her his eyes full of hatred.

"Get away from me!" Sweeney snarled.

"Mr. T you need help!" Nellie said horrified.

"If it wasn't for that damned judge none of this would have happened!" Todd yelled, his voice breaking as he fell to his knees.

"Love your going to be alright, everything will get better." Eleanore cried.

"I betrayed my Lucy, I can't forgive myself for that."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Lovett had kept the pie shop closed for a week now.  Sweeney wasn't getting any better, every time she left for the market more cuts would appear on his arm.  He was punishing himself, as he told her, for betraying Lucy.  Eleanore hated seeing him like this, he would spend all day in his room staring at the ceiling.  He refused to eat or drink and she could tell he was starting to slip away.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sweeney watched as Eleanor walked out of the shop with her shawl draped over her shoulders.  He wanted it to end, all the pain, he knew he loved Nellie but he couldn't do that to Lucy.
Why does everything have to be so god damn painful? He looked back at his bedroom, his gaze flitted towards his nightstand.  Todd looked up at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

The gunshot echoed throughout the streets of London.  Nellie Lovett looked up from the stand she was standing at.  She knew immediately where the sound had come from.  The shop.  All heads turned to Mrs. Lovett as she ran out of the market place.  Panic filled her head as she burst through the doors of Todd's shop.  Sweeney was lying on the ground a gun in his hand.

Nellie fell to her knees in front of him, her eyes filling with tears.  She supported his head in her arms, his chest rose and fell and harsh, quick breaths escaped his mouth.  His eyes opened slowly and he smiled.

"Nellie," he said before a painful gasp followed.

Eleanore's tears began to fall, landing softly on his face lifted his shaking hand and dried her tears.

"I love you," he whispered, "I'll see you in hell."

A/N: Sorry about this ending, the story's not done there's hopefully a lot more to come but I had to end it here for a dramatic ending.  Anyway hope you liked this chapter.