Deadly Love

"No..." Nellie whispered as Sweeney closed his eyes again.  He took a final breath and his chest fell.  Nellie stood up holding Todd, struggling to support his weight.

"Don't leave me yet," she cried stumbling out of the barber shop and pulling him down the stairs desperately trying to get someone's attention.  A man finally stopped his horses and dismounted to inspect what was happening.

"Ma'am do you need help?" He asked before looking down and seeing Sweeney's body.

His eyes widened as she begged him to help her.  He agreed and picked up the body placing him inside the carriage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Lovett stroked Sweeney's head as the horses sped down the road.

"Don't worry love you're safe, you're gonna be okay," Nellie cried hoping she was speaking the truth.

The horses stopped in front of the hospital.  Eleanore had taken all her earnings to pay for Sweeney's care.  Getting good help in London was difficult and expensive but Nellie was willing to risk everything for Sweeney's life.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"He has a twelve percent chance of survival," the doctor sighed looking down at his clipboard.  "Receiving that much trauma to the head," he shook his head.

Nellie sat near Sweeney sobbing, she just wanted him back.

"How long does he have to stay here?" She asked.

"I'd say about a month if he recovers." He said not looking up.

Eleanore nodded sadly and looked at Sweeney.  He looked so calm, a small smile still on his face, his eyes closed.  She needed him back.

The shot hadn't killed him, instead he had fallen into a coma.  He was no longer losing blood as they had bandaged up his head.  He lay there, his chest rising and falling heavily. 

Nellie leaned down to his ear and whispered "I love you," before standing and leaving the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sweeney opened his eyes.  He didn't know where he was.  His surroundings were strange.  He heard voices around him, was it... Nellie?

"Nellie?" He called out, his voice echoed around the walls of the chamber he seemed to be stuck in.

"Nellie!" He continued.

"Is he getting better?" Eleanore's voice spiraled down to where Sweeney laid.

An unfamiliar voice responded.

"His breathing is continuing at a normal rate so he has a higher chance of survival."

"Oh thank god!" Nellie sighed happily.

Sweeney looked around him, no one was there, but after a few moments everything flooded back.  The gun, blood, tears.  It all came back, all the memories.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Nellie," Sweeney muttered.

Eleanore looked up surprised to see Todd shifting in his sleep his mouth moving.

"Sweeney?" She asked.

He stirred.

"Nellie..." He whispered again.

He continued to move, she stood up and walked over to him.  His eyes fluttered open for a few seconds before closing them again.

"Doctor?" Nellie yelled out of the room. 

The doctor rushed into the room and ran over to Sweeney.  His breathing had quickened, and his heart beat had finally steadied.

"He's waking up!" The doctor said surprised.

"Really?" Eleanore asked hopefully.

Before the doctor could respond Sweeney's eyes shot open.  He sat up quickly before falling back down in pain.  Nellie rushed over to him wrapping her arms around his stuff body.

He looked up at her and smiled sweetly. 

"Nellie..." Sweeney said sitting up on his elbows.

His head hurt but he ignored it.  He was in a strange place just like in his dream.

"I'm sorry Sweeney!" Nellie cried into his shoulder.

"What's wrong pet?" He cooed.

She looked up at him, and then shuffled her feet.

"I used all our earnings to help you," she sobbed.

Todd looked surprised but calm as he pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry pet, we'll just have to work extra hard." He winked at her and she smiled slightly.

"I love you Sweeney." Nellie said as he wiped away her tears. 

"I love you too Nell."

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to get this out, I didnt have a plan so I started typing and then changed the entire plot... So anyway I hope this worked I actually have a small plan for the next chapter so it should be out soon.