The Lake house Chapter 4

Dad parks next to the McKenzie family car and I quickly get out. 

" It's nice you drove your piggy bank here. " Lenny jokes while looking at Robbie and Gloria's car. 

" Hey! " Robbie helps Gloria out. 

" Hey. " Lenny and Eric mock Robbie and drag out the word. 

" Hey, Rob's car is an Oompa loompa too. " Dad jokes. I shake my head at my father and he puts his hand on my shoulder. 

I look at the house and a blue moth killer thingy makes a sound. Poor moths. 

" Daddy? What's that thing doing? " Becky asks Lenny. 

" It's getting rid of the moths honey. " 

" Where is it taking them? " Becky asks a little worried. 

" Hell. " Dad replies simply. 

I poke his side with my elbow. 

" Don't say that Higgins. " Lenny shakes his head. 

" Oh I'm sorry. Not hell, Mexico. " 

Sure Mexico. 

I follow my dad into the house and look around at the cool insides. It's so nice in here. I run my hand over a cool piece of wood as Lenny asks who's getting what room. 

They start talking about swimming. At least, I think they are. 

" Ooh! I want to go swimming with you guy! " Donna says excitedly. 

" Oh honey. We're not really going swimming. What I meant was-" Gloria is cut off by Sally. 

" That's okay. She doesn't need to know what you mean. I don't even know what you mean. " Sally says after she covers Donna's ears. 

" Oh I know what she meant. " Dad makes a throwing up sound. 

I look up at my dad who's looking down at us from the top of the stairs. " Daddy, what does she mean? " I ask very confused. 

" Um, she means, um, well, nothing. Just nothing. " Dad sighs. " You don't want to know. " 

Apparently a lot of things are ' just nothing '. No one tells me anything. This is the sucky part about being around a bunch of adults. They say, and do a lot of different things or say phrases I don't understand. 

Robbie leads upstairs and shows us the master bed room. " Let the kids have it. " Lenny says gesturing to the room. 

I look up at dad who nods and pats my back. I slowly walk in as the adults talk. I set my bag in the corner of the room and look around. 

" Dad? What's this big box connected to the back of the TV? " Kiethie asks. 

" That's the rest of the TV, son. We didn't always have flat screens you know. " 

" Whoa. That's some stone age shiznit. " 

" Yeah that's wack. " Lenny says looking away. 

I open my bag and pull out my book as Kiethie and Greg set up their video game stuff in the room. Can't they survive three minutes without a video game? " 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

" Come on! " Kiethie yells as he stands up and kills some people in the game. 

What kind of sick game is this? Chopping people's heads off and drowning people isn't a good thing to do. 

" That's it. " Lenny grabs his boys and throws them over his shoulders as he walks out of the room with them. They drop their remote controllers on the ground and start protesting.  

I turn back to my book as Kurt and Eric walk in. They grab their kids and take them outside. Next is my dad. Dad picks me up and I squeal as he tickles me a bit. " Come on Maxi waxi. Let's go outside and show you how us old men used to spend our time.