Cup Phones and Greg Chapter 11

I giggle as Donna starts talking about a cute guy she met at school. 

" He sound cool. " I say into the cup. 

She nods. " He is. And so so cute! " 

" Hey! Didn't I say no cell phones?! " Mr. Feder yells as he walks into the room. " I thought we had a deal. " He quiets down once he realizes we're using cup phones. " 

" What's up dad? " Greg asks as we all turn towards Lenny. 

" Are those cup phones? " 

" Yeah! Charlotte told us how to make them. Check out Becky's. " Kiethie says smiling. 

" Look dad, I've got a cup waiting. I gotta call you back. I'm on with sponge Bob. " I chuckle and Lenny smiles. 

Donna's dog barks and Bean pops out of the chest he's in. " Was that a turkey? " 

" Yo Andre, can you hear me? " Greg asks. I can hear him since cup is connected with mine. 

" Crystal clear. Can you hear me? " I hear Andre's voice. 

" Oh yeah. " Greg smiles. 

Lenny makes his way over to the bath room where Andre is. Donna makes a weird face as she talks to me and Charlotte. 

" ...the best thing about these, " I get distracted from my conversation with the girls to Andre's conversation with Greg. I have a string connection to his cup too. " is we can leave a cup in the shower, and listen to Jasmine clean herself tomorrow. " 

My heart pangs in a little bit of..jealousy? Yeah, I think it's jealousy. 

I guess Greg and Andre really like Jazzy. She's nice. I met her earlier. 

" What?! " Lenny opens the shower curtain, scaring Andre half to death. 

I chuckle and Lenny turns to us after taking Andre's cup. " Attention children! There has been a request from the phone company. Would you pleas install cup phones in ever adult bed room? Right away. " 

Everyone kid jumps up and we head out on our assignment. 

I grab some string and attach it to my cup. I leave my cup in the room as Lenny opens the door leading to Mama's room. Deanne's mama is pretty....interesting to listen to. She talks to herself sometimes. 

I rolls the string down the steps to the couch where dad is staying. He's on his phone, probably texting a girl friend or something. " Hey pumpkin. " Dad says glancing up from his phone. " What are you doing? " 

" Installing a cup phone. Greg's dad said to install one in ever adults room. " I hand him a cup and rolls the string out a bit more so he has room to move. 

" Oh. That's..interesting. " Dad looks at the cup as I take it out of his hands. I attach the string to his cup and smile proudly. 

" You cup is done daddy. " 

Dad smiles. I hug him and kiss his cheek. He kisses my softly and hugs me back. " Good night Maxon. " 

" Night daddy. " I hurry upstairs to try out the new cup phone. 

I'm the first to arrive. I put my cup to my mouth and call into it. " Daddy, can you hear me? " I ask loudly. 

" Yup. " Is dad's response. " I can hear you clear as day. " 

I giggle and put the cup to my mouth as I get in bed. The other kids chat together as they get into their beds. 

" What's going on over there? It sounds like a stampede of wild horses. " 

I laugh. " Everyone's trying out their new cup phone. " 

Dad laughs. " It sounds crazy from here. " 

" It's crazy here. " I smile. " What are you up too? " 

" I'm talking to you. " 

" What were you doing on your phone? " I ask as I glance at Greg. He smiles at me and waves a bit. I blush and smile back. 

" I was looking a bunch of pictures on my phone. " 

" Oh. " I nod. " I love you daddy. " 

" Love you too kiddo. Get some rest. " 

" Bye. " I say softly into the phone. 

" Bye sweetheart. " 

I ' hang up ', and Kiethie holds out a few movies. " Okay, who's ready to see another horror? " 

My heart pounds again. Not me. Not me. 

Everyone but me decides on a movie called ' Happy Death Day '. 

I curl up again and shiver at the scary parts. " Hey, are you okay? " Greg asks softly. 

I shake my head. " I'm scared. I hate these movies. " 

" Oh. I can tell Kiethie to change it. " 

" No. I'll, I'll be fine. I don't want to ruin their night. " I sigh. 

" Are you sure? " 

I nod. 

" Well, I'm here. Want to hold my hand? Will that help? Or do you want to go to your dad? " 

" I'll, I'll hold your hand. " I don't want to seem like a baby for going to see dad. Greg stretches out his hand and I carefully take it. 

My heart pounds and I feel butterflies. I turn away from Greg, happy the darkness can disguise my blushing. I'm sure I'm as red as an over ripe strawberry. 

I jump at a scary part and hide my head in Greg's arm. He hugs me a bit and I breath heavily. 

I finally fall asleep after feeling a little bit safer and tiring myself out with all my thinking about what I'm feeling. Emotions can be so over whelming. It's hard to understand them. 

I feel butterflies and very nervous when I'm around Greg. I blush a lot for no reason when he compliments me or even just talks to me. When Greg smiles at me, I feel really shy. What's up with me?