Rides Chapter 14

" Dad, are we supposed to be doing this? Are we allowed to be here? " I ask dad as Eric opens up a hole in the fence. He wiggles through and holds it open for Becky and the rest of us. 

" No, but we're doing it any way. " Dad smiles and starts flirting with Robbie's girls. 

" We found this back in the day. " Eric says helping Becky through the hole. 

" Go up the ladder. " Kurt says to me and Greg as dad walks up behind us. 

I start climbing up and we reach a little part with stairs. There's no light. I almost trip over a board, and reach for the nearest thing. Greg's hand. 

" Whoa. Are you okay Maxi? " Greg asks steadying me. 

" Y-yeah. I'm fine. " I let out a breath and my heart flutters a bit once I realize my hand is still in his. A bit of light is shining through the cracks of the water slide thing and I turn to my dad. Lenny's looking at Greg and my hands with a smirk and an eyebrow raised. Dad, who's holding Amber's hand, looks un amused and not very happy with this situation. He glares at my hand in Greg's. I smile at Greg and we both let go. " Thanks Greg. " 

" No problem. " 

We all crowd around a small door as Lenny looks through a crack. " Now's a good time. Charlotte, you're up first. " 

Charlotte looks a little nervous. She walks forward and Lenny opens the door. She hurries through and slides down on the water slide. 

" Okay, Maxon, your turn. " Lenny opens the door and I hurry through. I slide down and laugh happily. Water slaps against my face. I make it to the bottom, and I start to slow down. I laugh and stand up while ringing my hair. 

I wait to the side with Charlotte until Andre and Greg come down. We run back to the line and I chat with Charlotte as Jasmine comes down the slide. 

Andre and Greg practically drool over her. I feel a little pang but I ignore it and laugh at some joke Charlotte says. 

The man who was running the water slide, slides down. He stands up and his clothes drip with water. I turn away quickly as I see his pants had ridden up. You can see his butt. Everyone starts laughing but me. Poor guy. He's probably humiliated. 

I look around the water park for my dad. I roll my eyes as he slides down a ride with Jasmine and Amber. Amber's in front of him and Jasmine's behind. Robbie slides down in the slide next to them and doesn't look very happy. Amber and Jasmine hug my dad and Robbie shakes his head. Robbie splashes water at dad and the girls giggle. 

I ride a few rides with Charlotte, Greg, and Andre until my dad walks up to me. " Hey kiddo. Having fun? " 

" Yeah! " I laugh as Greg and Andre trick Mama into getting wet. Andre snaps a picture and Mama laughs. 

" Wanna go see a ride me and the boys used to go on all the time when we were your age? " 

" Sure. " I follow my dad up to some hang glider thing. There's a big pool underneath and the end of the line is hooked up to a blue shed very far away. 

Greg, Kurt, and Lenny join us on the ride. It's finally Greg's turn. I'm a little nervous. My turn's coming up soon. I'm scared. 

" I don't know about this one dad. It's kinda steep. " Greg says to his dad as he looks down below. We're so high up. 

" Okay, let's go on another ride. " Lenny and Eric turn around. 

" I don't like it either, yeah. " Eric nods. 

" Come on, we'll get out of here. " I turn around as dad talks. 

A boy with red hair is standing next to a big man. Three big guys are behind them. Uh oh. I've seen these dudes before. They aren't very nice. The boy's kind of a jerk. 

" Good thing the kid chickened out so you don't have to go, right Feder? " 

" Why don't you hire somebody to do it for you, Mr. Richie Rich? " One of the guys asks. 

" Hey Wiley. " Lenny says sighing. 

" Step aside chumps. Hasta la vista chicken shiznit. " The boy takes off on the hang glider and lands in the water with a big splash. 

I look at him pop up above the water as Greg glides down. 

" You're up Holly Wood. " 

Lenny twirls in the air before he lets go and falls into the pool. 

Wiley goes down on the hang glider by his feet. This isn't going to turn out well. I can already tell. 

I'm correct. 

Wiley crashes into the blue shed and people run over to it. 

" I'm sorry everyone. You're going to have to go back down. This ride is closed. " The man running the ride tells us. 

I sigh in relief as we walk back down. 

I avoided that. 

We find everyone and head back to the cars so we can go back to the house.