Arrow Roulette Chapter 19

I smile at the sky as fire works light up the night. I feel a hand take my hand, and I look over at Greg. He smiles at me and I smile back. I stare in aw at the beautiful night as dad stumbles around, drunk. Of course. 

He wobbles around and squints at my hand in Greg's. " Uh, no. Maxi, is too young. " He slurs while shaking his head. I blush and Lenny and Roxanne look up from in front of him. He smiles at them. " Hey guys! Look Lenny, I know you're bummed about losing the game. "

" Are you drunk? " Lenny asks.

" Yes. " I nod as I talk. " He's drunk. " 

Dad scoffs. " No. " The he smiles. " Yes. " 

" Oh, okay. " Lenny laughs as he looks at me and my dad.

" Hey man, there's one thing they'll never beat us at. " Dad grabs a bow and an arrow. " Arrow Roulette, baby. " So there was no Indian that attacked Robbie. These men. 

" We are good at that. " Lenny smiles. 

" Yeah. " Dad says proudly. " Alright everybody! " Dad yells. 

" Wait! " Lenny shakes his head. 

My eyes widen. " Dad! Don't! Stop! " 

" Last one to stay wins! " Dad points the bow up into the sky. 

" No no no! " Lenny and I say at the same time. 

" Becky! " Roxanne yells as she grabs her daughter. 

Dad yells and every starts to run so they don't get hit by the arrow. I get separated from Greg somewhere and I head towards the cars. The hay bale wagon's waiting for us to get on. I hurry on as the arrow falls down. I wonder where it landed. 

" We win again! " I hear someone yell. And then a thump. Wiley. 

I laugh as everyone comes back and my dad passes out on the hay next to me. 

This was awesome.