Scared Chapter 7

" Hey guys, wanna watch a scary movie? " Kiethie asks as he pulls out a bunch of scary movies. Bean ditched everyone to go to his parents. I guess it was too dark in here. 

" Yeah! " 

" Sure! " 

Everyone but me agrees. No one notices me not agreeing though. I hate scary movies. They always give me night mares. I can't leave now though. I don't want them to think I'm a baby. I am not a baby. I don't want to stay in here. Aw man. What am I going to do?! 

I curl up tighter into my blanket as Kiethie starts talking about the movies. I guess we're watching IT. This is not going to be fun. I shrink down as the movie starts. All the kids are quiet and tune into the movies. I can't hide out in the bath room. Everyone will start to wonder and ask me what's wrong if I stay in there too long. 

Greg smiles at the TV. His blow up bed is a few inches from my sleeping bag. 

I turn to the movie and hide in my sleeping bag a bit more. The clown bites a little boys arm off and I bite onto my blanket to keep from screaming in fear. 

I close my eyes and someone starts snoring as they fall asleep. How can they sleep when this movie is playing?! It's horrifying! 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I whimper and duck under my covers as the movie plays the last scene. Everyone but me is asleep. How can they sleep? I'm dying here. I haven't been able to fall asleep. The noise and everything's kept me up. The movie returns to the original picture at the beginning of the movie and a picture of IT stares at me with a scary smile. 

I don't move. What if IT's in the room? I don't want to get up. I don't like how IT is looking at me. It's freaky. I'm, I'm scared. 

I whimper again as a tree branch bangs against the window and duck under the covers. 

I close my eyes. It's not real. It's not real. Nothing's going to get me. Everything's going to be alright. Nothing's going to get me. 

I try to convince myself to calm down. It doesn't work. Fear takes the best of me. 

A scary laugh from the TV screen makes me jump. I get up and run out of the room, careful to step over the kids arms and legs that are randomly lying out. Donna shifts as I pass her. 

I open the door and run out of the room with some tears falling. I almost trip on the stairs as I run to my father who's sleeping on the couch. 

" Daddy! " I say sobbing in fear. I fall onto my knees in front of the couch and hug him tightly. 

" W-What? Maxon? Is that you? " Dad asks groggily. 

" D-D-daddy! S-scary. " I sob into his chest. 

Dad sits up and rubs his eyes as I cry. He wraps his arms around me. " Oh Maxi. What's wrong? What happened? Are you hurt?! " Dad asks worriedly. 

I shake my head. " S-scary. M-m-movie. " 

" Oh baby. " Dad sighs. " You're scared? " I nod. " Why were you watching a scary movie? " 

" E-everyone wanted, wanted to watch, watch the movie. I, I..." I sigh. 

Dad strokes my hair. " It's okay. " He sighs. " It's okay. There's nothing to be afraid of. It's okay. " He rocks me back and forth gently. " Shh. Calm down. Daddy's here. Nothing's gonna hurt you while Marcus Higgins is alive and kicking. " 

I chuckle a bit. I start to calm down a bit and I sniffle. 

" What movie were you watching? " 

" IT. " 

" And you didn't invite me? " Dad asks pretending to be offended. 

I giggle at his facial expression and lean against him. 

" Are you okay now? " Dad asks pulling away to look at me. 

" I'm still a little scared. " I mutter. 

Dad sighs and pulls the blanket over both of us. I cuddle into his side and fall asleep peacefully.  

Read so everything makes sense 

( Okay everyone. I know Higgins is supposed to wake up naked, but that would not only be weird, but extremely gross with this little plot change. So, scratch that idea out. I changed the next scene so it'll be a little bit cuter and well, Higgins will be wearing pants. I hope you like it! On to the next chapter! - N )