Protective Chapter 12

" Ooh! Look at how cute this is! " Someone gushes. " They look absolutely adorable. " 

" I'm going to get a photo. " I hear a familiar woman with an accent say as she walks away. 

" This is so cute. " 

" Hey, is Maxon up? I can't find her anywh-Oh no. " I hear dad's voice say. " Nu uh. Nope. She's too young. Max-! " dad gets cut off by the same person with an accent. 

" Wait! I wanna get a picture. " I hear a click sound and the person my head is on shifts a bit and mutters in his sleep. 

" Time to get up! " I jump up as Dad walks in and eyes Greg, the person my head was on suspiciously. Wait, my head was on Greg's chest? 

A blush climbs up my cheeks and dad mutters something about me being too young and the words men, not, and good enough. " 

Greg jumps up as startled as I am. I let out a breath and all the adults look at us from the door way. 

" Aw Higgins. You ruined the moment. " Sally sighs. " It was so cute. " 

" It was not cute. There should be none of that. They're too young. She's too young for that. " Too young for what? 

" Ooh! Protective Daddy Higgins mode is on. " Lenny jokes. 

" You would be too if you found your daughter sleeping on a boys chest. " 

" Well, they we're doing anything. It's not like they were mak..." I think I know what they were talking about. 

I get up, blushing extremely hard and make my way to the bathroom with my bag. Oh gosh. Oh gosh. 

That was interesting.