Water Park Chapter 13

Greg and I haven't been looking at each other all morning. Dad's sending looks in our direction constantly to make sure we aren't doing anything. He's being really protective. It's not like we purposely fell asleep like that. 

I read my book on the porch as dad talks to some people inside. " Come on inside and change into your bathing suit Maxon. We're going to the water park. " Dad says with a smile. 

I jump up and hurry inside to get changed. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I ride with the Feder's, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be, while dad takes Robbie's daughters to the store to buy bathing suits. 

I smile at Kiethie as he tells me about some party he went to in L.A. 

I turn my head as Greg and Andre crush the cones in their hands while Robbie's daughters walk into the water park. Dad's smiling like a weirdo and the girls and giggling. Their dad doesn't look happy about the clothes they're wearing. Well, the clothes Amber and Jasmine are wearing. 

I feel a pang to my heart, jealousy. I can't be jealous. No. No no. I don't like Greg. He likes Amber and Jasmine. Not me. No way in a million years would a boy ever like me. I'm not pretty enough or, or cool enough. I'm just me. 

Kiethie and I walk over to all the guys and other kids as we head to a line. The moms and Gloria are all relaxing under a big umbrella, checking out some dude across from them. 

" Daddy, this line isn't moving. " Charlotte complains. 

" I want mommy's milk! " Bean say to his dad. " I want mommy's milk! " 

"I know you do son, but..." Eric sighs and looks around. 

" He wants mommy's milk, give him mommy's milk. " Lenny says causing him and Kurt to laugh. 

" Mommy's milk! Mommy's milk! " Bean yells. 

" No gosh darn it! No more mommy's milk. You want milk, you're drinking regular milk. " Eric steals a milk box from some kid. " Here, kid. " 

"Hey! " The boy protests. 

Eric hands him a dollar. " Don't give me any guff right now. Here's a buck. Run along. Run along. " He glares at the kid and the boy backs off. He hands it to Bean. " Here, drink it out of the carton. " 

" I don't know if mommy will want me too. " Bean says softly as he looks at the carton in his hands. 

" Alright, just drink it okay? Just like daddy does. Let me show you. " Eric takes a sip of the milk and hands it back to Bean. 

" Okay. " Bean takes a sip and smiles up at everyone, obviously very proud. " Yay! I'm just like daddy! " 

Everyone cheers and I turn away from everyone to look at the line. This is going to be one heck of a wait.