Good Bye Chapter 20

" So, are you leaving? " I ask Greg as we stare at the lake. 

" Yeah. " He says softly. 

" Oh. " I nod and pick up a rock. I toss it at the water and it skips. 

" But....." I turn back to him. He breaks out in a smile. " we might be moving here. " 

" Really? " I ask a little excited. Greg nods. " I think you'll like it here, city boy. " 

" City boy? " 

" Yeah. You were born and have lived in the city your whole life. " 

Greg chuckles and tosses a rock into the lake. My heart skips a beat as he smiles. 

" Kids! Come on inside! Greg, your family's leaving! " Sally yells. 

I hear a groan from inside the house. Dad. I chuckle and walk inside. Everyone's hugging the Feder family, telling them how much everybody's gonna miss them. Dad gets his lazy, hung over butt off the couch and hugs Lenny. 

I hug Becky and Kiethie before I hug their parents. Then I turn to Greg and hug him. This wake's dad up and he stands there right in front of us, watching us, with his arms folded. We quickly let go of each other and the Feder family walks towards their car. 

I walk with them to their big, black car. " Bye guys. Bye Greg. " 

Greg smiles. " Bye Maxon. " 

" See you soon? " I ask while cocking my head to the side. 

" See you soon. "