Drunk dad Chapter 16

I smile at the flag as Lenny raises it up on the pole. I think dad's still in the closet, but I'm not one hundred percent sure. He hasn't gotten up yet. 

We release the bird that was hurt and head back inside. I help Roxanne and Sally with sewing as Gloria, Deanne, and Amber make a salad. 

I laugh as Deanne tries to say something in Spanish but fails miserably. " You know, these guys at the store were walking so much smack about this basketball rematch that's supposed to go on. " Amber tosses a piece of lettuce in the bowl as she talks. 

" Well, I'm glad we're getting these uniforms ready. " Roxanne says as she proudly holds up a shirt. 

" Ow, no more drinkie. " I turn my head and die of embarrassment as dad walks out of the closet with some over sized bow thing on his head and he looks hungover. Dad's in his boxers and his shirt is messily buttoned up. He has one sock on and one sock off. I blush a deep red and bury my head in the shirt I'm working on. 

" Did you really sleep in the closet your drunk? " Roxanne asks as everyone has a look of amusement on. 

" Oh. " Dad looks around a bit and holds onto the door handle for support. Dad laughs, probably still drunk. " Think so. " He nods. He opens his shirt and the breast pump that Sally uses in on his chest. Aw man. Just kill me. Kill me now. I'm dying in embarrassment. My dad's a weird drunk. " No. Ow. " He says as he pulls off the pump. 

" Oh gosh, Higgins. " The ladies say in disgust. Sally puts her hand on her head. 

" That's disgusting. " 

" You slob. " 

Dad giggles as the pump falls the the ground. He puts his hand over his eyes. " Oh I had the best dream. It was about a little blond girl. " Dad smiles proudly and leans against the wall. 

Curly steps out of the closet and I blush even darker. Is it even possible to be redder than I am right now? I am begging you world. Open up and swallow me. Please. 

Dad looks at Curly with a look of confusion. " I think it was a dream. " 

" Oh nice. Classy. " Deanne says sarcastically. 

Sally chuckles. " Sick. " 

Lenny's lady bug phone rings and Roxanne picks it up. 

Oh dad.