Part 2

Old demons haunted you in your sleep. You dreamt of those moments when you were suddenly left alone in this world without anyone to turn to. You tried to escape from the whirlpool sucking you deeper into the abyss, but the current was too strong. You were drowned by the images that you wished to forget, until a distant voice calling your name pulled you out of the misery.
"Y/n. Y/n Y/l/n. Wake up." The voice echoed in your ears.
Jungkook's face appeared right in front of you as you slowly opened your eyes.You tried to talk, but only a harsh croak escaped from your lips.
"Welcome back." He smirked & plopped down on the chair next to the bed you were lying on.
You took in your surroundings, the curtained window, carpeted floor, wooden furnitures. It was apparent that you were not in the same cell where he locked you in before.
"W-water." You finally managed to speak.
"Here you go." Jungkook handed you a glass of water which you gulped down thirstily.
"W-what happened? Where am I?"
"You'd been sleeping for the past 3 days. The wound on your thigh got heavily infected, so I had to bring you up here & ask the doctor to clean it up. Your temperature was very high & your thigh was heavily swollen, I thought you wouldn't make it." He said as he crossed his arms.
You were going to thank him for saving your life, but then you remembered that he was the one who inflicted the wound in the first place, albeit indirectly, so you didn't say anything.
"Can I ask you a question?" He leaned forward closer to you.
"If you're going to ask about Park Jimin, my answer is still the same. I know nothing."
"Why are you so loyal to the force? Why are you willing to sacrifice your life to protect a system that doesn't even care about you?" He asked in a serious tone.
You contemplated whether you should tell him the truth. Then you figured you might not get out of there alive anyway, so you told him your story.
"My mom died when she gave birth to me & my dad brought me up on his own. He was a detective, so he never failed to tell me about the importance of serving the country. He died on duty when I was 7 & I had no other relatives who were willing to take me in, so I got sent to an orphanage. It had been my dream to follow my dad'a footstep & be a part of the police force. So, here I am." You held back the tears that were threatening to fall every time you thought about your dad, about the day you got that phone call that turned your life upside down.
"Huh? Your dad died because he worked in the police force, yet you aspired to become just like him? No wonder you end up here." He scoffed.
"You may not understand it, but I don't need to justify my choice to you. I was just answering your question." You were offended by his mocking tone.
Again, silence stretched between you. You wondered why he hadn't left & began to question his motive behind all the words he said. But then, thinking about it from another perspective, this might be a good opportunity for you to get some information out of him.
"Ehmm.. so, what made you get into this business?" You turned the table & started your interrogation.
"Psshh.. Like you don't already know." He rolled his eyes at you.
"I only know that your dad was the head of this gang before he passed away a couple years back. So you're just following your dad's footsteps? You're not that much different from me then." You casted your bait.
"Are you interrogating me? Because if you do, it's too obvious. You should polish your skill some more." He snickered & rose from his seat, his face turned stony in an instant.
"Ya! You're being unfair. I told you about my story, you should tell me about yours too." You said as you grabbed his hand, stopping him from walking away.
"I think you must have misunderstood something officer Y/n. You're my prisoner & I'm not your friend, so you do as I tell you to, not the other way around." He roughly pushed your hand away & slammed the door behind him.
Fuck, I blew it.
You lied back down on the bed, which was much comfier than the one in your previous cell. Your mind wandered to Jungkook & the things you knew about him.
Jeon Jungkook, 22.
Head of the biggest gang in South Korea after he inherited the control over it from his late father. His business encompassed anything from weapon dealing, gambling, money counterfeiting, to importing black market goods. Younger brother of Park Jimin, who was his right hand man in the gang. The reason behind his father decision not to give the control to his eldest son instead was still a mystery.
Actually, he doesn't look like a bad guy. Maybe growing up in such circumstances makes him do what he does.
It was probably the drugs that were still flowing in your blood, soon you drifted to sleep again.
The sound of door clicking open disturbed your deep sleep. You thought that it was only a dream so you didn't bother it, until suddenly you felt someone's hand groping your stomach.
Your eyes snapped open & saw two guys hovering over your body in the dark. You were about to scream but one of the guys muffled your mouth with his hand.
"Shhhh.. don't you dare make a sound. Or else, I'll stab you & let you bleed to death." He whispered into your ears as he glided the tip of a blade along your lower abdomen
"Bongjun ah, hurry up. I don't want boss to find out we're here." The other guy worriedly said to Bongjun.
"Shut up you moron! Why the hell did you say my name?" Bongjun scolded him.
"Officer, please forget what he said & let's just enjoy this. Hey you! Tie her up." Bongjun took out a strand of rope from under his shirt & threw it to his accomplice.
Your body was frozen in fear, cold sweat drenched your forehead. You were ready to die, but you definitely weren't ready to be raped.
It didn't take long for the two of them to tie you up & gag you. Bongjun stood above you & began unbuckling his pants.
"I was curious why boss kept an officer alive for so long. Usually, he only let them live for 24 hours if they don't want to spill the information he wants. Now that I see you, I kinda get why he wants to keep you longer. Not every day you can get a beautiful female officer as a captive, might as well make some use of you, right?" His lustful expression made you tremble in horror thinking about what he was going to do with you.
In a swift move, he tore your shirt open & began to forcefully kissed your neck. His rough hands squeezed your breasts & roamed all over your body, making you squirm in disgust. You were completely helpless because both your hands & legs were tied up, so the only thing you could do was shut your eyes & imagine that you were anywhere but here.
"Bongjun ah, can you be quick? I think I hear footsteps." His friend urged him to hurry up again as he was taking off your pants.
"Can't you shut up?! I'm trying to focus here! Besides, what is boss going to do if he finds out? Kill us? Over a police officer? Hahaha! That's ridiculous. Sorry for the distraction babe, now let me make you feel good." He licked his lips & slid his hand into your panties.
You moved vigorously, trying to prevent him from doing anything further, while tears streamed down your temples. Just as you were about to give up, the door slammed open loudly, startling half-naked Bongjun on top of you. He jumped off you right away & pulled up his pants.
The aura of the dark figure stepping into the room was so intimidating that you knew who it was without needing to see.
"B-boss." Bongjun stuttered in fear.
"Yang Bongjun, are you tired of living? Didn't I tell you that no one is allowed to come anywhere near this room?" Jungkook's voice was eerily calm.
"I-I'm sorry boss. I- I was out of my head." Bongjun got down on his knees & begged for forgiveness.
"Since you can't use your head properly, I guess you don't need it anymore."
Your eyes widened in shock as you realized what Jungkook was about to do. He swiftly pulled out the gun from the holster on his waist & pointed at Bongjun's head.
In one quick second, Bongjun was no longer breathing. His blood & brain matter scattered all over the floor beneath your bed.
"Get rid of him." Jungkook coldly signaled to the two men following him.
He then slowly approached you & untied the knots around your wrists & legs.
"I'm sorry, I didn't teach them better." He said as he wrapped you up in the blanket & lifted you up in his arms. His voice was filled with genuine remorse.
The weight of the situation finally dawned on you. You had barely escaped rape. If Jungkook didn't come, you would've fallen victim to Bongjun.
"T-thank you." You sobbed into his chest.
Did he really just kill his man for me?