Part 9

Dusk, Busan. Jungkook POV
"Aigoo, Jeon sajang, why didn't your people say that this was your ship? If I'd known, I wouldn't have detained it." The man in blue uniform let out a deep belly laugh.
"Officer Moon, didn't you receive the money? How dare you stop my shipment?" Jungkook said calmly, but his eyes were full of menace.
"Ommo, of course I did. But.. there's one little problem with that. It's not enough."
"Yongsu, how much did you give him?" Jungkook turned to Yongsu & whispered.
"Fifty million won just like he asked." Yongsu replied.
"Officer Moon, we'd given you what you asked for. What else do you want?" Jungkook's frown got deeper.
"Yes yes I know, but I asked that before I found out the price of this whole shipment & I think 50 million won is too little for such an expensive & dangerous load, isn't it? I mean, I'm putting my neck on the line for you here!" He exaggeratedly exclaimed.
"Fine. Name your price." Jungkook said.
"One hundred million won." Officer Moon smirked.
"What? Are you crazy? That's too much!" Yongsu shouted at him.
"It's alright if you don't want to pay. I can just press this call button & soon you'll be surrounded by cops." Officer Moon shrugged.
"Yongsu, give me the suitcase." Jungkook extended his palm to Yongsu without leaving his gaze from officer Moon.
"But boss-"
"Just give it to me." Jungkook said louder.
Yongsu clicked his tongue & handed Jungkook the suitcase filled with cash. Jungkook then opened & showed it to officer Moon.
"Do you want to count it first?" Jungkook said sarcastically.
"Aigoo, Jeon sajang. We've known each other for so long, there's no need to count. I trust you." He grinned from ear to ear as he took the suitcase from Jungkook.
"This is the clearance form. Let's all pretend that this meeting has never taken place, ok? Nice doing business with you Jeon sajang. I'll be waiting for your next shipment." Officer Moon clutched the suitcase tightly in front of his chest & stepped away.
"Yongsu ya." Jungkook quietly called Yongsu, then he put his middle & forefinger together mimicking a gun & put them on his temple.
"Ok boss." Yongsu seemed to get what Jungkook had asked & instructed his subordinates to do the job.
Soon, they came back with the suitcase with blood splattered all over it.
"It's done boss." They gave Jungkook the suitcase & bowed at him.
"Filthy dogs." He spat.
He felt no remorse for killing officer Moon. His hatred for corrupted cops ran deep due to his biological father's case.
"Let's go." He threw the suitcase at Yongsu & signaled his men to follow him out the ship.
His feet had only stepped on land when bright piercing lights shone on his face.
"Hands up, you've been surrounded. Put your weapons down on the floor!" Somebody shouted.
"Fuck! How did they find out about this? Yongsu, tell the boys to get ready." Jungkook said as he slowly raised his hands.
"B-boss.. I think they're-" Yongsu stuttered.
"Jeon Jungkook, we've captured all your men. You either give up or die trying to escape."
Jungkook squinted at the light & saw a tall man in dark blue uniform talking into the megaphone.
That's the Chief of Police.
He'd seen him multiple times on the news before. The media crowned him as the "cleanest" police officer ever due to his impeccable records.
Jungkook scanned his surroundings, at the dozens of guns pointed at him, still trying to find a way out, but a voice calling his name made him stop.
"Jeon, just surrender. They've caught everyone. There's no point of fighting back."
His head immediately turned towards the source of voice.
Y/n?

Y/n POV
The megaphone in your hand almost slipped down to the ground due to your vigorously trembling hand. Seeing him so vulnerable under the gun point made you feel extremely guilty. He lowered his head & scoffed once he'd seen you. Your betrayal must have hit him hard. After a few minutes of silence, the Chief said to you,
"I can't let this go on Y/n. I have to take him now."
"Please give him a few more minutes. He'll surrender. Besides, you've promised me that you won't hurt him." You pleaded.
"I'm sorry Y/n. I can't wait any longer." He said apologetically & moved the walkie talkie closer to his mouth.
"Chief, please!" Panic rise in your throat.
"Sir, he's put his gun down." One of the officers told the Chief.
Thank God. You exhaled a deep breath in relief.
"Good job Y/n. Thanks for your hard work." The Chief patted your shoulder & nodded before stepping towards the opposite direction.
The cops immediately rushed towards Jungkook & pushed him down onto the ground, cuffing his & all his remaining men's hands behind their backs.
You watched them until he was brought to the police car next to you.
"May I have a word with him? Please. Just a few seconds." You begged.
The officers looked at each other & hesitated for a few moments before finally backing off to give you some personal space.
"Jeon.. I'm sor-" You began to say. Tears were threatening to fall from your eyes.
"Save it Y/n. I don't need your apology." He said as he clenched his jaws.
"I- I know there's no excuse for betraying you like this, but I have to do it. I'm sorry.." You could no longer hold the tears & a droplet rolled down your cheek.
He kept averting his gaze without saying a word. You thought that he wouldn't say anything anymore, but then he raised his eyes to meet yours.
"You know what? It was actually my fault. I chose to give you my heart despite knowing that you'd betray me one day. I know Y/n. I know what you'd been doing inside my house, searching the rooms, eavesdropping my conversations, going into my secret office. But I was still hopeful that you'd changed, because you told me that you'd stay & you weren't the type of person who broke promises. I guess it was all a lie, wasn't it?"
His sad smile broke your heart into a million pieces.
He- He knew all along?

Flashback. Jungkook POV
It was the first night that you'd moved into his father's bedroom. You'd kissed him good night & went into your room. He pretended to go to sleep right away, when in fact he was staying alert, listening closely for movements inside your room. After a few hours of utter silence, he smiled to himself.
I guess her feelings for me are real.
But then, a few seconds after, he heard a click & footsteps outside his door. His heart, which was full moments ago, became empty again.
He quietly opened his room door & crept along the wall. From his vantage point, he could see you opening drawers & cupboards, going from room to room, looking for what exactly he didn't really know.
But he knew one thing for sure.
She's playing with me.
Ever since that night, he sneaked out right after you every night. He was careful with his files & papers so it seemed like you hadn't found anything worthy.
One night, he decided to set a trap for you. He purposefully went to his secret office behind the cabinet, knowing that you were looking. He slowly tapped in the passcode so that you could clearly see it. He wanted to know what you would do if you found out where to look for evidence.
He was half sad & half relieved when he thought that you'd run away at the mall. However, you came back & what you said to him made him doubt your real intention. He was hopeful again, but then that night he caught you breaking into his secret office.
So that's why you came back.
Devastated, he raised his gun & pointed it at your back, his forefinger hovering over the trigger. All it needed was one pull to end your life right then & there.
His heart won over his head in the end. He lowered his gun & retreated quietly back to his room.
You're a fucking dumbass Jeon Jungkook.
He thought as he threw himself on the bed & screamed into the pillow.