Part 12

The sudden buzzing of your phone startled you.
Who would call me at this hour?
You checked the screen & it said "Chief".
Fuck, I need to hurry.
"Jeon, say something!" You didn't expect this reaction from him at all. You thought that he would cry, or scream, or be angry about the whole situation, but he just sat there with his eyes blank & his mouth slack.
"The Chief is calling me now. We need to hurry before he-"
"Before he what? There's no way that he can hurt me more than he already did. I have nothing else to lose. Even if I want to take revenge, how can I do it when I'm confined in this hell of a place?" His eyes were filled with hopelessness, all you wanted to do now was hug him & let him cry on your shoulder, but you couldn't do it. Not when your dad was actually one of the causes of his misery.
"I'll help you get out of here." You said in a quiet voice. The words just escaped your mouth without you even realizing.
"You'll help me, huh? How Y/n? It's not like you can just stroll out of here." He scoffed.
"I don't know! But I heard the guard said that he was alone coz it's weekend & his colleague was on his break. Maybe, we can disarm him & escape."
"You're serious?" A spark of hope enlightened his eyes.
I nodded & then all hell broke loose.
It all happened in a blur, from subduing the guard to running with all our might while bullets were raining on us. We couldn't believe that we were still alive after all that.
"Now where do you want to go?" I asked Jungkook breathlessly.
"To my house."

Jungkook POV
He put his forefinger on his lips, signaling you to hold your breath, because he heard the door to the room you were hiding in slammed open.
"How the fuck am I supposed to know?! I gave him to you on a silver platter, yet you & your stupid bunch of pigs let him loose again! Don't blame me for your incompetence, I want nothing to do with it!" Jimin's angry shout could be heard loud & clear from where Jungkook & you were hiding, which was under the huge wooden desk at one corner of the office.
"Fuck. Fuck! Fuck!" The sound of glass crashing on the floor filled the room.
"Y/n. That bitch. She must have something to do with this. Fuck. How am I supposed to get rid of Jungkook now?" Jimin cursed loudly.
Jungkook gestured you to stay under the desk & he abruptly came out of his hiding place.
"Hey brother. Miss me?" He smirked at Jimin, which was so shocked that his hand, which was holding his cellphone, stopped mid-air & his mouth went lax.
"Jungkook! I was about to ask the boys to look for you!" Jimin plastered a fake welcoming smile on his face.
"Yeah, to look for me & then kill me, is it? Like you did with abeonim?" Jungkook said through gritted teeth.
"How do you know that?" Jimin was completely stunned by Jungkook's statement.
"Why hyung? Why did you have to kill abeonim? He loved you! He didn't inherit the company to you because you made a mistake first." Jungkook's eyes began to glisten with tears.
"Hah! I don't know where you heard it from, but I know he only adopted me because you didn't want to be separated from me. I overheard him talking to Mrs. Park that day when he came to the orphanage. So why should I care about him when he only treated me like a redundancy?"
"Hyung, you got it all wrong.." Jungkook shook his head as a drop of tear rolled down his cheek.
"Besides, that shouldn't be your main concern now. Do you know that your biological father was framed by the Chief?" Jimin snickered.
"I know.."
"Ahhh so you've talked to Y/n. Have you killed her then?"
"Kill her? For what? For betraying me?" Jungkook's eyes shot up.
"Ommo, she didn't tell you, did she? This is gonna be interesting!" Jimin let out an evil laugh.
"What are you talking about?" Jungkook looked at him in confusion.
"Y/n's dad was Jung Haein, the detective who handled your father's case. She probably forgot to tell you that minor detail." Jimin seemed to be completely amused by the whole mess.
Jungkook's heart stopped. He staggered back a couple of steps, then turned his head towards where you were hiding & saw you slowly rising from beneath the desk.
"I-I'm so sorry." You said as tears streamed down your pale face.
He abruptly took out his gun from the holster on his waist & pointed it at you. His brows knitted in a deep furrow.
"That's right Jungkook ah. She's the daughter of the culprit who made your life miserable. Kill her to avenge your father." Jimin approached Jungkook from the back & whispered in his ear.

Y/n POV
You stood frozen on the spot, already accepting your fate to die in Jungkook's hands. You didn't even have the will to explain or fight anymore. You just wanted all of this to end.
The anguish & hatred on his face broke your heart to a million pieces. He still hadn't pulled the trigger yet, but you knew he would. You & your father's sin against him was too atrocious to be forgiven.
"Why are you hesitating? Oh my God, you truly love her, don't you? Jungkook ah, haven't you learnt? You should never trust a cop. If you can't do it, here let me do it for you." Jimin took out his own gun & cocked it. Then, you saw him pull the trigger.