Finale

Jungkook POV
It was a beautiful spring day. The sun was shining brightly & the gentle cool breeze was refreshing to his warm skin.
He stood silently by the river, both hands in his jeans pockets. It had been three years since he last saw Y/n falling into the river beneath him. Three long difficult years.
He was lucky that the cops didn't find him that awful day. You had hidden him so perfectly. On the other hand, your luck wasn't as good. Your body couldn't be found, even after they searched along the whole stretch of the river. In the end, they just pronounced you dead without a body.
He didn't give up though. Once he was rescued, the first thing he told his men to do was to look for you, dead or alive, even when he had gone into hiding in China. And he had continuously searched for one year until he eventually gave up as well & accepted the fact that you were gone.
As for the Chief, Jungkook sent all the evidences you collected to all press & media in South Korea. The public didn't believe it at first, but after further investigation, the Chief, his father, & a handful of other high-ranked officials in the police department were found guilty & charged for their heinous crimes, not only in your & Jungkook's fathers' cases but also a lot of other cases that had been silently buried by their orders.
Now, he'd completely handed the control over the empire to Yongsu & retired from the mafia world. He was going to move permanently to the United States & leave all his dark past behind.
"I'm here to say goodbye Y/n ah. I hope you're happy wherever you are." He ended his whisper with a faint smile.
Right then, his phone buzzed inside his pocket.
"Boss, why didn't you tell me that you're back?" Yongsu's voice boomed through the speaker.
"You really have eyes everywhere now, don't you?" He chuckled.
"You're not coming to the office? I'm sure the boys will be excited to see you again."
"Nahhh, you seem to be doing a great job. I don't need to meddle." He said as he turned around to walk back to his car.
"Do you want to have dinner together then? The ticket that you booked.. are you sure about this? About leaving Seoul forever?"
"I'm-" He stopped mid-sentence as someone passed him by in the parking lot. His heart pounded so fast inside his chest. He rotated his neck staring at the back of the stranger, who was wearing a pair of old jeans & a simple black T-shirt. Her hair was cut in a short bob, but that familiar shadow, that familiar stride. There was no way that he could be wrong.
"Yongsu ya, cancel my ticket for now. I'll talk to you again later." He abruptly ended the call.
Slowly, he followed the woman from behind, maintaining a safe distance.
Is she-?
All he wanted to do was run towards her & ask the question, but he was afraid that he would scare her.
The woman abruptly halted, right at the spot he was standing a few minutes ago. Then, she turned sideways to face the river.
It was you. Or a person who looked exactly like you.
Utterly surprised, he drew a sharp breath & his hands began to tremble. The woman seemed to notice him staring, so she turned to look at him & cocked her head in confusion.
Now that he saw her face to face, he was absolutely certain that she was you. He ran towards her & pulled her into a tight embrace.
"Y/n! You're alive! Thank God, you're alive!" He hysterically repeated the same words over & over again.
"S-Sorry, but do I know you?" You pushed him away & asked.
"W-What? You're joking right? It's me, Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook."
"Jeon Jungkook? Sorry, but I can't remember. I had an accident & lost all my memories. The only thing I remembered when I woke up was my name & this place. Somehow, I always feel like I left something here & I need to get it back. Are we friends? Or..?"
Your explanation stunned him.
How should I explain this to her? Do I need to cut open the wound that she doesn't even remember existed? Or should I just bury it?
"Yes, we were good friends." He smiled at you.
"Well then, can you please tell me what happened?"
"Ok. Let's talk." He took your hand & held it firmly, swearing to himself that he would never let it go again.