Part 6

"Morning Y/n." Jungkook came from behind & squeezed your shoulder.
"Morning." You said as you put a fork full of eggs into your mouth.
"I have nothing on my schedule today. Do you want to go shopping with me?" He casually asked.
Your fork dropped onto the plate upon hearing his proposal.
"S-shopping? You mean, you're going to take me out of this house?"
"Yeah, I've been meaning to buy you some new clothes but I haven't gotten the time. Should we go today?" He said without looking up from his plate, like it was no big deal.
"B-but you're not afraid that I'm going to run away?"
"Well, are you?" He raised his face & looked right into your eyes. His expression was unreadable.
"I don't know. What do you think?" This mind game you were playing was getting intense.
Is this another test?
Both of you stared at each other in silence for a couple of moments. Then, he lowered his head & bit into his toast.
"I told you I trust you, so I don't think you are." He said through a mouthful of bread.
"We'll see then." You noticed him clenching his jaw for a fraction of seconds at your words, but he instantly regained his composure.
———————————————————————————
Hand in hand, you strolled through the exclusive shopping center with him. The urge to escape was so strong that you had to control your body to stop jittering. So many people walked pass you, you could just reach out your hand to one of them & asked for help. So many open doors, you could just run through one of them straight to the police station.
"See anything you like?" He turned to you & asked.
"Not really. I don't really like shopping in the first place. Why don't you pick for me?" You shrugged.
"Ok then." He pulled you into one of the stores & released your hands to look through the racks.
The temporary illusion of freedom made your heart beat at a million miles an hour.
I can just run away now. The exit is right there.
You tasted blood at the tip of your tongue. Apparently, you were so tense that you bit your lips so hard until you drew blood.
"Y/n?" His call broke your daze.
"Huh?"
"Are you ok?" His brows knitted into a frown.
"I-" Should I? Can I?
"What's wrong?" He came closer to you & cupped your cheek.
"My stomach hurts really bad. Do you know where's the nearest restroom?" Your palms were slick with sweat because you were so nervous.
"I believe it's right around the corner to the right."
"Can I- Can I go? I don't think I can hold it."
Please say yes. Please say yes.
Jungkook looked at you, his head tilted to the side, contemplating whether he should grant your wish.
Then after what felt like a decade, he answered.
"Sure. Go ahead, I'll wait for you here." He said as he turned around & went back to look through the racks of clothings.
What? That's it?
You couldn't believe what you heard. You expected him to at least offer to accompany you to the restroom. This was too easy.
"O-ok. I'll be right back." You hesitantly stepped out of the store & gradually gained your pace.
You saw the toilet sign on your way, but you walked pass it without even stopping.
Oh my God, I'm free! I'm free!
There were only a few more steps left until you got to the buzzing street outside, but you abruptly stopped.
The hidden room in Jungkook's house suddenly came to your mind.
You stood frozen on the spot, thinking about what to do. Then, you clenched your fist & moved forward.
———————————————————————————
Jungkook's POV
"She's gone, is she?" He scoffed quietly.
It had been almost 15 minutes since you said that you were going to the restroom & you hadn't come back.
He sat down on the sofa inside the store & leaned his head back, closing his eyes.
That was probably the stupidest decision I've ever made. Of course she would leave, why wouldn't she?
"Hey." A voice surprised him & he instantly opened his eyes.
"Y/n?" He was totally dumbfounded seeing you standing in front of him with a playful smirk on your face.
"Yeah, are you waiting for anyone else? What's wrong with that face? You look like you've seen a ghost." You said as you plopped down beside him.
"W-what took you so long?" He cleared his throat & tried to sound nonchalant.
"The queue was so damn long. Why? Did you think that I'd run away?" You turned your body towards him & searched his face.
"No." He answered shortly.
"Psshhh, liar. Actually, I was going to. The wide-open door was so tempting, but I'm not that type of person."
"What do you mean?" He looked at you quizzically.
"I told you that I'd stay & I'm not the type of person who breaks promises." You said as you gently caressed the scar on his cheek with your thumb.
His heart skipped a beat. The love in your eyes felt so real that he couldn't decide whether it was all just an act or not. Ignoring all the warning signs inside his head, he pulled you into a tight hug & kissed you deeply.
"Ya, people are looking." You pushed him away & chuckled.
"I love you Y/n." The words escaped from his lips to his own surprise.
"What?" Your smile was half-frozen as you tried to digest his unexpected confession.
"I love you, so please don't ever leave me." He didn't care anymore about everything else. All he wanted right then & there was you.
"I won't." You smiled sincerely at him & pecked his lips.
He returned your smile & wrapped his arms around your shoulders, but the fact that you didn't say that you loved him back didn't go unnoticed.

—•—

"Thanks for today. You bought me enough clothes to open my own store." You heaved the multiple bags in your hands for emphasis.
"You're welcome." He smiled at you & kissed your forehead. His hands were full of bags as well.
Both of you were walking from the garage to the entrance when Jungkook suddenly realized that something was wrong.
Usually, a few of his subordinates could be seen guarding the entrance & windows at this hour, but not now. No one was in sight. The silence was deafening.
"Stay behind me." Jungkook said as he dropped the bags to the ground & pushed you behind him.
He took out the gun from the holster on his waist & pointed it at the door.
What the fuck is happening? Have the police found me? Maybe someone saw me at the mall?
Feeling hopeful, your heart started to race.
Jungkook slowly pushed open the door & peeked into the hallway. It was empty. In fact, the whole living room was empty.
"What the- Where is everyone?" He lowered his gun & walked inside.
Suddenly, a clinking sound from the kitchen attracted both of your attention. Jungkook instantly raised his gun towards the origin of the sound & shouted.
"Who is that? Come out before I shoot you!"
Then, a figure stepped out of the kitchen, making you gasped in shock.
"Woah chill little brother. It's just me. Your Jimin hyung." Jimin came out of the kitchen with one hand raised beside his face & the other holding a glass of liquor.
"Hyung? How-" Dumbfounded, Jungkook put his gun down & stared at Jimin.
"Well, I had to rescue myself, since my trusted little brother didn't seem to care about me anymore & left me to rot in the prison cell." Jimin snickered as he plopped down onto one of the sofas.
"That's not it. I was-" Jungkook was flustered by Jimin's accusation.
"Relax. I was just kidding. Can't you take a joke now? They released me due to insufficient evidence. So, here I am." Jimin shrugged.
"Welcome home hyung. I'm so glad that you're back." Jungkook approached Jimin & pulled him into a hug.
"You are? Really? You don't look happy." Jimin pushed Jungkook away & cocked his head to the side. There was an underlying menace in his playful tone.
"I-" Jungkook was eager to explain but Jimin cut him off again.
"Shhh.. I'm kidding. Thank you little brother." He patted Jungkook's hip & drank all the liquor in his glass in one gulp.
You observed their exchange from the side without saying a word. The wheels in your brain turned rapidly, trying to figure out what was going on.
Why the hell did they release him? We'd gotten enough evidence to tie him down for a couple years. He must have escaped.
"Anw, I gotta go now." Jimin put down his glass & rose from his seat.
"Where are you going? Aren't you staying here? I'll ask them to prepare your room."
"Nahhh.. I have some business that I need to attend to. Besides, unlike you, I'm still allergic to cops." Jimin smirked as he glanced at you, making you turn your face away to avert his gaze.
"Hyung-"
"I'll bring Yongsu & Jeongmin with me. Oh, and I'll take the Ferrari. I'll see you again tomorrow Jungkook ah. And you too, Y/n ssi, I hope we can get along well." Jimin squeezed Jungkook's shoulder & offered you his hand, which you took & shook lightly.
The hair on the back of your neck rose as something in his words dawned on you.
How did he know my name?