Part 8

It was almost dinner time when you & Jungkook arrived at the house. You felt so exhausted from the day's activity. All you wanted to do was take a shower & sleep.
"Jeon, I think I'm gonna skip dinner tonight. I'm so tired." You said to him as you tried to stifle a yawn that was rising in your throat.
"Oh ok then. Thank you so much for today Y/n. It meant a lot to me." He brushed your hair back with his fingers & kissed your forehead.
"Don't mention it. I had a lot of fun as well & I got to see a side of you that I never knew existed. You were awesome with the kids & they all loved you so much. You'll be a great dad one day." You meant every word you said from the deepest part of your heart.
"Really? Would you witness that moment with me then?" He said with a smile on his face, while circling his arms around your waist.
"Ya, stop joking around." You lightly slapped his chest.
"I'm not joking. I've been thinking about this for a few days now. Y/n, would you-"
Anticipating what he was going to say, your heart pounded so hard that it felt like it could explode anytime.
Please don't say it Jeon. Don't make my heart more chaotic than it already is.
"Boss! Sorry to disturb you, but something urgent has come up." Yongsu suddenly barged through the door.
You blew a sigh of relief & silently thanked Yongsu for not letting Jungkook finish his sentence.
"What is it?" Jungkook released you & turned towards Yongsu.
"It's about the shipment that was supposed to come in 2 days. The ship has arrived at Busan ahead of schedule & it is being detained by the harbor patrols. They demand to come on board to check the load."
"What?! How is that possible? Haven't you paid them? How the fuck did you do your job?!" Jungkook exclaimed angrily.
"I'm sorry boss. I don't know what happened & I thought I had paid all the necessary parties." Yongsu instantly bowed at Jungkook.
"Well, apparently you hadn't. Arghh, you seriously can't rely on anyone these days." Jungkook pushed his hair back in frustration.
"Y/n ah, I need to go to Busan now. So, I'll see you later after this is done, ok? The boys will guard the house, so don't worry, you're safe here." He turned to you & gently caressed your cheek.
"Go. You have a problem to solve." You leaned into his touch & smiled at him.
He kissed you one last time before he dashed out the door with Yongsu by his side.
The wheels inside your head began to turn after Jungkook was gone.
This is my chance.
You ran up the stairs & looked out through one of the windows. Jungkook's car was exiting the huge metal gates & the gates closed back up right after. You scanned the vicinity & saw two guys, gun in hand, guarding the gates. About five men were patrolling the periphery of the mansion.
Think Y/n. How to escape from here?
You ran back down & went straight into your room to change into something in darker color so that it would be more difficult for them to spot you. Just as you were opening your cupboard, you saw something odd. The painting on the wall to your right was askew.
You stepped closer to it & took down the painting, revealing a safe embedded into the wall.
"What the fuck is this?" You muttered in surprise.
You pulled the door & were even more shocked when it swung open without resistance.
The safe was empty except for a cellphone lying in the middle of it. You quickly grabbed the phone & checked it. It was on, with fully charged battery & strong signal, but there was nothing in the inbox, gallery or contact.
This is too easy. Somebody must have planted this inside the safe for me to find when we were gone. The question is who?
You slipped the cellphone into your pocket & searched the other parts of the room. You looked high & low in case that "someone" had left something else for you. You were feeling behind nightstand, when your fingers grazed over a raised panel on the wooden floor.
A hidden compartment under the floor?
You quickly moved the nightstand away & pried open the uneven panel with bare hands. You couldn't completely pry it off but you saw there was something underneath it. A black flash drive.
Damn, whoever it is sure left a lot of things for me to find.
You continued searching the room but found nothing else afterwards.
I guess these are enough. I can call Chief now & tell him everything, but will he trust me?
You fished out the cellphone from your pocket & began to dial the Chief of Police's phone number, which you'd known by heart. However, your finger stopped mid air when you realized that the phone had a built-in camera.
The hidden office.
Immediately, you ran to the kitchen & opened the door to the hidden room behind the cabinet. In a frenzy, you pulled out the drawers & threw the files onto the table to take pictures of them. Once you'd felt like you'd had enough incriminating evidences, you carefully put the papers back into their original positions & exited the room.
You swiftly took the cellphone again & dialed the Chief's number, but your fingers were trembling from the adrenaline rush so they kept slipping on the keypad. Finally, you were done tapping all of the nine digits & all you had to do was press the call button.
Right before you did that, Jungkook's smile & your promise to Minji flashed in your mind. Your brows knitted into a deep furrow as pain & guilt came at you like rolling waves.
I'm sorry Jeon, but I have to do it.
Then, you pressed the green button & put the phone on your ear.
"Chief, this is Y/n. I know you must be shocked, but please listen to me carefully.."