Chapter 21

It was after the show that night, when we all made our way back onto the tour bus. Jai was in his bunk, and it sounded as though he was having a conversation on the phone, so we left him alone.

Ever since last night when management had forced us to tweet about our new found 'romance' we had both been receiving endless hate, and I had tackled it by muting all of my social network notifications so I didn't have to see the hateful comments about something that wasn't even real.

Lydia and I were currently sat on the sofa, mindlessly watching one of the original Paranormal Activity films, since it was one of my favourites, when my phone began to ring obnoxiously, distracting from the film and disturbing my salty popcorn guzzling session.

I fished my phone from my high-waisted skinny jeans pocket, slightly confused to see that it was in fact Michael who was ringing, a silly faced selfie that him and Lydia took when they secretly stole my phone set as his caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked into the receiver, knitting my eyebrows together, causing Lydia to send me a questioning look from where she had managed to tear her eyes away from the Nintendo DS in her hands.

Ever since management had split Ash and I up, we had all agreed that it would be better for everyone if we didn't have contact, so I didn't understand why Michael was contacting me.

"Isabol! Something's wrong!" He shouted down the phone, nearly wrecking my ear drums. No, the inside on my ears. Drums reminded me of Ash too much.

"Michael, why are you shouting?" I asked cautiously, realising that something must have definitely been wrong, due to the panic stricken tone that replaced Michael's usual laid-back manner of speaking.

"We don't know! All we know is that Ashton is turning yellow, and throwing up absolutely everywhere. We've taken him to the hospital, and he just keeps asking for you," Michael told me, and I gasped, my hand raising to cover my mouth in shock.

"M-Mike, is that my Iz?" I heard Ashton's voice in the distance, and I started to get upset, noticing the obvious tears that I could hear through his voice.

"I think you should try and get here as fast as you can," Michael said quickly, and I nodded in agreement, but then face palmed, remembering he was on the phone, and obviously wouldn't be able to see me.

"Yeah, I'll come as quickly as I can. Are you at St. James?" I asked, trying to remember which hospitals in London there were.

"St. Barts, like in that detective programme Lydia seems to be obsessed with because of you," I heard him chuckle half-heartedly, and I joined him.

"Right, that's the doctor, I better go," Michael said, and I was about to hang up, when he quickly added something before hanging up.

"Luke booked you a plane ticket, it's waiting for you at the airport," And with that he was gone, the low tone of the ringer in my ear as I slipped my phone back into my pocket and jolted out of my seat.

"Something's wrong with Ash, he's at the hospital now. I need to go," I told Lydia sadly, and she nodded, standing up to join me too.

"Of course, come on, I'll help you pack," She simply said, adjusting her hipster prescription glasses and joining me in the bunk area.

Jai had now drawn his curtain back, and was watching us with curiosity as we pulled my suitcase from beneath my bunk, and just throwing my clothes in quickly in no order.

"Where you going?" He asked, his eyes flitting down to his phone, and I noticed a picture of him and Ariana on the screen, looking happy, and hopelessly in love.