Chapter 29

As we pulled up to Ashton's home, I felt the layer of nervous sweat collect only hands, and I desperately tried to wipe it off on my jeans. Ashton placed his hand over mine, slightly settling my jumping nerves.

"Don't worry, my love. She's going to love you nearly as much as I do," He reassured, and I nodded, choosing to save my voice.

"Ashton! And you must be Isabol! Come in!" A middle aged woman shouted enthusiastically from the front door, motioning for us to follow her inside. So this was Anne Marie Irwin....

"Ash!" A boy ran out of a different room in the hallway, running up to Ashton and pulling him into a massive hug. This must have been Ashton's little brother Harry that he always talked about.

"Hey little dude!" Ashton cheered, picking him up and swinging him over his shoulder.

"Hello pretty lady!" Harry waved at me with a massive grin on his face, and I chuckled at his cuteness, following as Ashton carried him through to the kitchen, where Ashton's little sister Lauren was helping their mum set the table for dinner.

"Dinner is served!" Anne Marie cried, setting the chicken on the table as we all sat down.

Dinner consisted of Anne Marie bombarding me with questions while Ashton squeezed my hand under the table to reassure me, and Harry and Lauren had a contest to see who could eat the most potato in 30 seconds.

It was quite a sight.

After dinner, Ashton seemed anxious to get out for some reason, desperately trying to get a way from his mother that wouldn't stop giving him massive Irwin hugs.

"Right, we need to go, sorry mum," Ashton said, giving Anne Marie one last hug before leading me out the door.

"Bye, Anne" I called, just before the door closed behind us. I looked up to Ashton, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Why were you in such a rush to leave?" I asked. I watched as a small smile laced his lips, squeezing my hand tighter.

"Just you wait and see," He replied mysterious, leading me down the quiet streets leading to the Sydney coast. He continued to lead me down onto the beach, and I gasped, at the sight.

The setting sun was creating a beautiful landscape as we looked out to the wide blue ocean and golden sands in front of us. I then looked up to Ashton beside me, watching the massive grin spread across his face as he looked down at me.

"It's beautiful," I whispered, not able to string together a better sentence to describe the breathtaking sight.

"Can I ask you something?" Ashton asked hopefully, and smiled, giggling slightly at his cuteness.

"You just did!" I teased. A groan escaped his lips, and I could almost feel myself go weak at the knees.

"Please!?" He whined, and I smiled, nodding.

"Isabol, I've loved you from the moment I bumped into you at that supermarket and knocked you over. We've faced loads of hardships, rejections and obstacles along the way, yet I only think it's made us even stronger together. I never want to spend another moment of my life without you, and I'll travel to the ends of the earth to make you happy. I know we're young, and people are going to criticize and hate us for making these decisions, but I want you to be mine forever. Will you do me the honour of marrying me?" He asked, dropping down to bended knee with a ring box in his hand.

I was speechless, unable to even attempt to string words together.  Ashton's hopeful expression faltered at my silence, and I knew I would have to react.

Even though we had known each other for a mere few months, I knew that all I wanted in life was Ashton, and that he reciprocated those feelings.

"Yes, of course!" I cried, ecstatic tears streaming down my face as he placed the ring on my finger and picked me up, spinning me around.

"I love you, Isabol Green!" He whispered, placing a loving kiss to my lips.

"I love you too, Ashton Irwin! So, so much!"

He looked down at our joined hands, flashing the ring in the bright sunlight.

"See this? This is the beginning of our forever!"