Chapter One: A Girl

The girl opened her eyes and saw. She took in every inch of her body, the floor she lay on, and the room around her. She ran her hand over the scratchy rug, over and over, marveling at the course strands. She turned over her hands and looked at them, the sigils carved into her palms, one from heaven and one from hell. 

For she was no ordinary girl.

She was Lucifer's girl, and Lucifer's girl needed to be taken care of. 

She stood and took her first shaking steps, keeping her eyes on the cold tile most of the time. She jumped when she looked up and saw herself. She tapped the image. It was only a reflection. Head tilted, the girl studied her face and smoothed her hair, before shaking her head as a way to shatter the trance. 

It was time to find clothes. She was growing and growing fast. She put on one of her mother's dresses, a women's small, that already fit near perfectly.

The girl froze. She felt something. An energy, heavy and growing thicker. And though she had only been alive a few minutes, she knew what that meant.

She was not alone.

The girl turned, and as soon as she did she was blinded. She screamed as brilliant, painfully penetrating light pierced her eyes in a million pinpricks. Yet she forced them to open once more, and when she did, they blazed a menacing gold. The wonderous black-feathered shadows spread behind her back and she raised her hands. On each palm was a sigil, a sigil she had been born with. From the sigils came light so bright you couldn't see who it was coming from. It should have killed the first lightbringer, but the girl was inexperienced. She didn't know how hard to push, how long to scorch. So when the light dimmed, the first thing she saw was beautiful blue lasers. Head tilted in curiosity, she stepped closer.

The other figure, male, stepped back in surprise. "You should be dead." He straightened, face stiff with anger. "Why aren't you dead?" 

The girl closed her eyes and scanned his mind, recognizing him as Michael. The archangel Michael. 

Due to their height difference, the girl knew things would go better if they were the same size. She tried to grow, but nothing happened.

The angel looked curious now. "You can't age yourself."

"Is that what you meant to do?" The girl asked.

"I meant to kill you." He stepped forward. "I will kill you."

"Why? I'm not bad."

"Well, you certainly aren't good. And you will only get worse in the future. Only you aren't going to get that far." He smirked. "At least you'll stay small for a while, though." He reached for her.

The girl jerked back. "I am not going with you."

"I think you are." He flashed his eyes a few times as if it was a warning. He attempted to fling her into the wall, but nothing happened.

"I am stronger than you are," the girl said softly. "Now leave. Or I will kill you."

The angel, sensing he needed to re-plan and possibly kill whoever had given him that failed killing spell, left.

The girl walked back to her nursery and covered her dead mother with a blanket. She looked around. Baby clothes, accessories she would never need. And a note, on the dresser.

Call her Monica

Her mother had known she wasn't going to make it. The girl picked up the note. "My name is Monica," she whispered.

And then she left. 

                                                                               ✴✴✴

One Year Later

  "Why haven't we heard of her yet?" One angel asked.

"What even is she?" A second followed.

"An abomination," the first answered.

Castiel almost rolled his eyes. To angels, everything not them was an abomination. He broke into the crowd. "What are you talking about?"

"The daughter of Lucifer."

Any sarcasm or annoyance he might have had quickly evaporated. "What? Why haven't I heard of her?"

The first angel gave him an, 'exactly' look.

"The archangels. Michael and Lucifer. They tried to keep her secret. Of course, Lucifer wanted to use her for personal reasons, and Michael wanted her dead."

"Where is she now?" Castiel's mind was spinning. Jack's sister. Half-sister. The daughter of Lucifer.

The second angel smirked. "You really want to find this kid? Well, honestly, we don't know where she is. She's hidden herself well."

Cass thought for a moment. "Who is her mother?"

 "A human woman. She was Yariel's vessel later during pregnancy."

Castiel nodded. 

I have to tell Sam and Dean. He left.

"Cass," Dean said when he saw him. "What's the matter?"

"Where's Sam?"

"I'm right here." Sam was holding a sandwich.

Cass turned from him to Dean. "Lucifer has a daughter."

"What?" Dean asked, standing up.

"Monica, I think her name is."

"Why haven't we heard of her before?" Sam asked.

"Michael and Lucifer wanted her secret, is the theory. For different reasons."

"Where is she?"

"I don't know."

"Do we tell Jack?" Dean asked.

"I don't think so," Sam said. "Not until we find her."
Castiel thought for a moment. "That's probably best."

"So now what? Wait, who's this kid's mom, anyway?"

"Word is Lucifer impregnated a woman who, later during pregnancy, was Yariel's vessel."

"How old is this kid?"

"Younger than Jack, by a few months."

"So basically we have mini female God. Great." Dean sat--more like flopped--back into his chair.

Castiel sighed. "I'll see if there's anything else I can find." 

(Author Note) Hi, everybody. First of all, thank you so much for reading this, don't forget to tell me what you think! I hope to get the next chapter up in a few days or so. Second, these first few chapters are going to be Monica's initiation, how she came into the story (which I realize now would have worked much better in a prologue) but after that it will continue with the events of the show, starting in season fourteen and going through fifteen. It starts out a little rusty but gets better. I promise. Thanks again! 

-Rachel