Chapter Three: Introductions

Dean stopped chewing. 

Sam stopped typing.

Castiel just turned and stared with a blank angel expression that revealed absolutely nothing.

Jack shifted in place a little awkwardly before turning to his sister. "Um, this is Monica?"

Monica stepped forward. "Hi," she said, holding up her hand.

Dean dropped his sandwich.

 Sam's hands fell beside him. 

Even Cass widened his eyes.

"Hello, Monica," Castiel finally said, stepping closer to the girl. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well." She smiled shyly, but there was something else inside her big brown orbs that was anything but nervous. Castiel studied her a moment, trying to place it, to no avail.

By this point, Sam and Dean had left their seats and walked up to her. "You're mini female God?" Dean asked, as if unimpressed.

Monica frowned and pulled out a two-and-a-half-foot sword. "My name's Monica," she said, in a tone that implied she was both mad and confused.

"Okay, Okay." Dean held his hands up and stood back.

Sam blinked. "Okay. Um, Monica, where have you been?"

"Everywhere and nowhere, sweetie." She sheathed her sword back into what had to have been some hidden pocket in her jeans. "But now I hope I can be home." She smiled again.

Castiel grinned slightly. "This is your home, Monica, as long as you want it to be."

Jack was pleased that her introduction was going well. But he had also picked up on the way the three men reacted. They knew she was around already. And it sort of bothered Jack that they didn't tell him. He ignored it, however. It didn't matter now. She was here. 

"So, Monica," Dean asked. "Have you been raising yourself?"

"For the most part. You know, the occasional foster home and what-not. There was one angel that actually tried to help me for a while before she...got stabbed through the neck." 

Sam and Dean shared a glance. 

"What's that on your hands?" Sam asked after a moment of melancholic silence. 

Monica spread her palms. "When I was born, heaven and hell knew I would be useful. The angel that used my mom gave me this one-" she waved her right hand, revealing a circle with a cross. "And dad gave me this one." She waved her left hand, revealing a strange swirly thing. "With them, any demon or angel can find me. Track me. I've tried to cut them off, burn them off, nothing works. The angels think I need to be locked up, the demons would like to use me for God knows what, so I spend most of my time running. But no one's got me yet." She bit her lip.

"And no one will." Castiel studied her up and down. "Where have you been living?"

Monica shrugged. "Like I said, everywhere and nowhere." 

"Well, welcome home," Dean said, with a weary half-smile.

Monica smiled back. 

Author Note: Hello, wonderful readers. You have no idea how much your reads mean to me! So thank you so much for making it this far. Okay. Now the book. There will be maybe one or two (possibly three) more short chapters before I start rewriting the show with Monica. Please, at any time, let me know if there's something I should change or add. Any constructive criticism is very much appreciated. So, thanks again for reading, and I hope you all have a great day. 

-Rachel