Chapter Twenty Five: Game Night, Part One

"Come on!" Dean whined, glaring down at the Mouse Trap Game.

Monica bit back her smile. "Now do you want me to do it?"

"No. I am figuring this out. It's a freakin' game, I should be able to do this."

"If you say so." Monica watched as the next piece was about to fall over. With a little twirl of her finger, it was set back in place. She glanced off to the side as Dean looked up at her, clearly suspicious.

Just then Jack and Mary came into the room.

Dean looked at them. "Winchester game night is a go-- soon as Sammy gets back here with the two double-pepperoni meat blasters and a pineapple." He made a brief expression of disgust.

"I like it," Jack said, with a small fond smile.

Monica looked at him. "You are so not my brother."

Dean looked at her and grinned. "Yeah, it's like a crime against humanity."

"You missed a call," Mary said to him, looking at his phone.

"Oh." He picked it up and tapped it.

"What's wrong?" Mary asked after he was quiet for a minute.

Dean played it so everyone could hear it.

"Help me, please! Dean. It's me. It's Donatello."

"Donatello?" Jack asked, suddenly alarmed.

"I need help. You and Sam. Help me, please! Hith-'o-rehr, shqodh... ki'o-yivkha has-sa-tan, k'ar-yeh sho-'ehgh, mith-hal-lehkh, u-mvaq-qehsh 'eth asher, yval-leha'."

Dean hung up and dialed Sam.

"You've reached Sam Winchester. If this is an emergency, call my brother."

"Sam's not answering his phone," Dean said, clearly frustrated. "This whole damn town's a dead zone. All right. We got to go."

"What do I do?" Jack asked.

"Stay here with your sister. When Sam gets back, play him that voicemail and have him call me on my spare. Got it?"

"Got it."

"So much for game night," Dean muttered, walking away.

                                                                               ✴✴✴

"Hith-'o-rehr, shqodh... ki 'o-yivkha has-sa-tan, k'ar-yeh sho-'ehgh..."

Monica's eyes were squinred in concentration as she stood with Sam and Jack, trying to decipher the words.

"Wait a second," Sam said, eyes widening. "Wait, wait, wait." He "...mith-hal-lehkh..."

"This --" Sam started, then stopped to listen. "I know this."

"What is it?" Monica asked.

"I-it's-- It's from the Bible. It's-- it's Peter. Peter 5:8.Here. 'Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the Devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.'"

Just then the door opened and Mary and Dean walked in, dragging Nick.

Nick. Monica hadn't seen much of Nick since she came to live with the Winchesters. Even before that, Lucifer's meetings with her had been seldom. Funny, he wanted Jack but never seemed to give a crap about her. Monica always figured it was because Jack was a boy and bigger and, you know, actually known by a few people. No one would care if he took Monica, but they'd fight if he took Jack. And Lucifer always wanted a fight.

Sam grabbed Nick and slammed him to the wall. For a moment, Monica considered using her power to seperate them, especially when Dean struggled to get them apart. Then she decided against it. Sam had every right to slam Nick against a wall.

Sam stormed off to the library, and Monica followed him, not wanting to be near her father's vessel another second.

A minute later, Dean joined them. He looked at Monica and, for a moment, felt an odd sense of guilt. She raised her head and stared into his eyes. "How did you find him?"

"He was...just sitting there. As if he was waiting or something. I know it doesn't make sense," he added, when Monica gave him a strange look.

"Why would he let us get him?" She asked.

"I don't know."

"What kind of game is he playing? He wants something. Needs something. Otherwise he wouldn't let you bring him here. What if--"

"Hey, we don't know what he wants, okay?" Dean said, cutting off her imagination. "But he can't hurt anyone here. He's not going to get anything here. Whatever he has planned, it's not going to work."

She stared at him with a look that said, 'there's no way in hell I'm buying that.'

Dean sighed and turned to his brother.

"Nick doesn't even know Donatello," Sam pointed out.

"But Lucifer did," Monica whispered. Everyone looked at her.

Mary sighed. "It doesn't make any sense to me, either, but Donatello-- we're-- we're running out of time."

"The poison we can handle-- thallium. The antidote is Prussian Blue. We have some of that here. A-And the live feed Nick showed you, um, maybe I can hack that?" Sam said hopefully.

"Good. Great," Dean said. He looked back to Monica. "Is there anything you can do?"

"You mean--" she raised her hands. "Mini-female-god-wise." She closed her eyes and tried to see the prophet, but instead got a blinding white pain. Her eyes flew open, her breath heavy. "Wherever Nick has him, he made sure to ward it. I can't see him. I should, but I can't."

Mary placed her hand on Monica's arm. "It's not your fault."

Monica didn't answer.

After an awkward minute, Dean broke the silence. "All right, well, Nick said he wanted to talk. So let's talk." He started for the doorway.

"Yeah, let's talk," Sam snarled, following his brother.

Dean turned on him. "Hey, hey. No, no, no."

"What?" Sam asked.

"I need you to stay here," Dean replied.

"Why?"

"The way you are right now-- if Nick looks at you wrong, you're gonna waste him. That can't happen!"

Sam sighed. "All right. Yeah. Sure. Not yet."

Dean nodded once. "Right."

Monica left the room to find her own brother. "Jack," she said, standing in his doorway.

He turned and looked at her. "Monica. What's wrong?"

"Nothing too extreme." She sat beside him. "I feel like I should talk to him."

"Who?"

"Nick."

Jack looked at her. "What? No. Monica, Nick is...bad. He's dangerous."

"He's also locked down in a dungeon."

"Yeah, but...he's always dangerous. No matter who you ask, they'd all tell you no."

"Why do I have to ask? You're not my parents."

Jack blinked. "You're not talking to him, end of story."

They were silent for a minute. Monica dropped her eyes to her hands. "I'm going to see how Sam and Mary are," she said softly, and went to the library. Jack followed. 

                                                                             ✴✴✴

Author Note: Hello, precious beans! Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to let me know what you think! I can't believe I'm this close to Moriah. I think it's going to kill me to put Monica through that. Anyway, thanks again, I really appreciate it!