Chapter Twenty: Hope

Author Note: Hello, beautiful readers! Thanks so much for reading and please let me know if you think anything needs to be fixed!

   "You think Michael built up a wall inside your head that your powers are in?" Castiel tried to absorb the idea. "It is possible, I suppose. That and we haven't found any sort of cure elsewhere."

Monica nodded. "Exactly. The only issue is...how do I get inside my head?"

She was with Cass, Sam, Dean and Jack. They all looked around at each other.

"Maybe...I could do it," Jack said slowly. He looked at Monica. "I could go in your head and--and break the wall somehow."

"Wait," Dean said, holding up a hand. "No one is going inside anyone's head yet. We don't even know if this is what Michael did to you--"

"But it's the closest thing we've got," Sam interrupted. "Besides, we've dealt with this before. Remember when death put up a memory wall in my head? This is like the same thing, only stronger."

"First of all," Dean started. "We wanted to keep that wall up and it broke on its own. And this thing is obviously a lot stronger."

"Which means Jack is our best chance," Castiel said, looking at both of them. "We've done this before."

"Yeah, but that was waking up a person and getting them to take control. How the hell do you wake up power?" Dean asked.

"I don't know, but if anyone can do it, it's Jack."

Dean sighed and turned to Monica. "Your call."

Monica looked at Jack. "I'm going to let him try."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Dean asked Castiel later.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Castiel replied, head tilted in that adorable angel expression of confusion.

"I--Jack. In her head. What if he--"

"You're worried he'll harm her."

"No, I'm worried something will go wrong. Because something always goes wrong. And we're dealing with mini female god."

"And you're worried mini female god is going to get hurt."

"Would you stop saying that? It's just Jack has done things before, and--"

"Hey." Sam walked into the room.

"Hey," Dean replied. "How is the wall breaking going?"

"I don't know. I'm sure it's fine."

Monica sat down, glancing around and playing with her hands. "How exactly do you think you're going to do this? I highly doubt there's a literal wall in my head with a sledgehammer by it."

Jack looked at her."I'm going to see what there is. And then I'll figure it out. Try to relax," he said. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"I know," Monica whispered, managing a small, weak smile. "I trust you." She closed her eyes. "Do it."

Jack pressed his fingertips to her temples and his eyes flicked gold. Gold streaks flowed from his fingers across her forehead. Jack felt her go unconscious.

And then he was in her mind. It was a black void, with pictures and videos everywhere, playing on repeat. Her memories. Wishes. But through all the chaos, there was a lingering feeling of--of death. Of absence. Jack walked through everything, unsure of what he was looking for.

Until it hit him in the face. (No, reader, I'm serious. It literally shoved him way back towards the beginning.)

Jack stood up unhurt, since it was all imaginary in a sense.

He figured that was the wall. How do you break a wall that pushes you away from it? Well, you stand from the distance and push at it with your Nephilim powers, if you have any. If you don't...you tell your sister you're sorry and get out of her hair. (No pun intended.)

So Jack raised his hands and shot golden beams at it, that just bounced off the wall and went back to Jack. Michael wasn't kidding when he made this wall. Jack wondered why he even did. Probably for his own safety. And he thought she was in danger of him.

Either way, Michael was dead. Jack had killed him himself and absorbed his grace.

Then Jack froze.

Michael was the only one who could undo this wall.

And Jack had his grace.

Meaning this wall should be breakable to him.

He walked up to it as close as he could and held up one hand, not pushing, but searching. Most walls have doors. This one was covered in symbols. There was one larger than the rest, in the center. It was faded where Jack had blasted it before.

So he held up his hand right in front of the center and tried again.

Golden light exploded from his hand and hit the wall--the dark, invisible wall--and started to penetrate the symbol. It was working. Jack pushed even harder, with every bit of strength that he had. He wasn't exactly sure what would happen when he opened it, but that wasn't his primary concern.

Until the sigil melted and there was an explosion of gold, and the seemingly dark void flooded with gold light.

Gold light that blinded him and slammed him to the ground. It swirled in the form of symbols and words, covering everything. 

Monica was mini female god, after all.

Jack was fairly certain it couldn't hurt him, with this being in her mind and everything, nonetheless, he decided to get the hell out of there.

He bolted from her mind just as it was about to reach him and fell backward, landing on the carpet.

He scrambled up and pressed a hand to his sister's neck. She had a pulse, she was breathing. She was just unconscious.

Her eyes suddenly flicked open, glowing gold. Her palms flickered like an old lightbulb, gradually growing stronger until they were at full power.

She shook her head, snapping back into reality. She looked at Jack. "I--I think I'm back," she whispered.